My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I went looking for advice on the purchase of a tractor, and landed here.

24 hours ago I knew absolutely nothing about the subject. After reading the horror stories of consumer tractors lasting just a few hundred hours, I decided to look into a used JD.

I found a 265, but I have no idea how to value it or the attachments that come with it, and I'm hoping someone can help me out on the JD garden tractor forum. The seller wants $1700, but it also comes with what looks like a 30" mechanical tiller. I'm going to see it tomorrow and ask how many hours are on it and what the engine model is and year of manufacture.

When I looked online at used 265s, the prices were all over the map. A few sold for around $750 on eBay, other places were much higher... some places much lower.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out directly, that's great! Otherwise, I'll just ask again on the JD Garden Tractor forum. The listing is here: http://honolulu.craigslist.org/kau/grd/3748369953.html

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I went looking for advice on the purchase of a tractor, and landed here.

24 hours ago I knew absolutely nothing about the subject. After reading the horror stories of consumer tractors lasting just a few hundred hours, I decided to look into a used JD.

I found a 265, but I have no idea how to value it or the attachments that come with it, and I'm hoping someone can help me out on the JD garden tractor forum. The seller wants $1700, but it also comes with what looks like a 30" mechanical tiller. I'm going to see it tomorrow and ask how many hours are on it and what the engine model is and year of manufacture.

When I looked online at used 265s, the prices were all over the map. A few sold for around $750 on eBay, other places were much higher... some places much lower.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out directly, that's great! Otherwise, I'll just ask again on the JD Garden Tractor forum. The listing is here:

Thanks!
I think you are heading in right direction. hello to you. Even I am new to tractor niche and just joined forum to enhance my knowledge:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2 Posts

When I looked online at used 265s, the prices were all over the map. A few hid xenon kits sold for around $750 on eBay, other places were much higher... some places much lower.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out directly, that's great! Otherwise, I'll just ask again on the JD Garden Tractor forum. The listing is here:

Thanks!

I think you are heading in right direction. hello to you. Even I am new to tractor niche and just joined forum to enhance my knowledge:thThumbsU:thThumbsU
Oh great but when will the restriction on posting will be removed.

·
-Brandon-
659 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! :MTF_wel2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts