My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up an MTD 190-182 twin bagger for $50 from a guy in town. I was hoping I could make it fit my Craftsman LT2000 Model#: 917.276750. I know that this model of craftsman wasn't made by mtd, but rather American yard products.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on this? The main problem I can see is getting the mounting bracket to protrude further away from the back mount plate, because it seems an MTD has less of an overhang above than the craftsman.

This is a link to a compatible bagger manual made by craftsman, and you can see it's mount:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/19A30003799-Mtd-TWO+BIN+BAGGER-manual

Here is the mtd bagger manual for the one I picked up:
http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipmen.../GetFile.do?filename=770-10253c.pdf&htmlLink=

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking that if I could make the bracket work,, I could then pick up the lower chute that matches to my mower deck and be up and running.

thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up getting the bagger mount to fit securely to the back of the tractor. Instead of going with brackets on each side, I found two eyelets with threads. I used a nut on each side of the tractor backing plate to secure it on the craftsman side. I did the same on the mtd mount in an existing hole. The two are tied together with one of those C rings with the threaded section that opens or closes.

It is all heavy duty and supports the setup nicely and tight. The bagger chute comes in at a great angle, but the opening of the lawn tractor deck is more like a half moon shape, and the mtd lower chute is more of a rectangle opening. I'm looking to source a lower chute that fits my mower deck, and will use that with the upper chute of the mtd setup.

I'll let you know how that comes along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts