My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Commercial models also have a sight thicker deck with steel ball bearing wheels on the older commercials. I believe the 22261 wheels are orange plastic. Being most commercials were used commercially, it's harder to find one that isn't worn out so that makes them a little bit more desirable than the regular lawnboys.

·
Registered
972 Posts
My 6259 had one residential owner. But it was still worn out. I paid $45 for mine it needed all the wheel arms, shortblock, and basic tune up items replaced. I have about $80 in mine and consider that money well spent. But in all honesty if it weren't for the extra tank capacity I would just mow with my 7268. I mow an apartment and its a 10 minute trip to the garage for the fuel can. The 7268 considerably lighter, its only shortfall vs the commercial IMO is the nylon wheels. But you can install brash bushings to make even those good as new.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Commercial models also have a sight thicker deck with steel ball bearing wheels on the older commercials. I believe the 22261 wheels are orange plastic. Being most commercials were used commercially, it's harder to find one that isn't worn out so that makes them a little bit more desirable than the regular lawnboys.
x2

I have found a few.. but they are hard to find not beat to s-h. I think part of the interest in ownership is the fact that they weren't made in the same quantities as other models. I have a couple to fix up, and I mowed with my 6211 the other day and it was a pleasant experience. The ball bearing wheels actually do make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
LOL I just like the huge gas tank and the orange wheels because it stands out a little. The steel ball bearing wheels are nice too!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I disagree about the decks being thicker. I can't speak for older models, but the newer ones definitely aren't any thicker...

There really isn't much difference other than what others have already said. I'd say it's more looks than anything else.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The deck on my 6251 is definitely a commercial only deck. The older 4-square commercial models with the front axle are heavy duty, too. But overall, the main difference has been the wheels, the large tank, and the brush guards. And the cool orange details of course.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I disagree about the decks being thicker. I can't speak for older models, but the newer ones definitely aren't any thicker...

There really isn't much difference other than what others have already said. I'd say it's more looks than anything else.

I agree. There are only some models that use the thicker deck. For example a 6261 commercial uses a regular size deck and the 6302 uses a thicker deck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts