1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
motorcycle cowboy
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
Interesting... All wording says "assembly", not "manufacture", so they are having someone else make the major components and doing the final assembly themselves, which allows them to claim they were "made" in the USA and avoid the import tariffs imposed on foreign built tractors. Hopefully the manufacturer is a good reliable one like Daedong, which make the Kioti brand, and not one of the Chinese makers like Jinma. Tractor Supply carried Jinma for awhile and had to stop because there were too many warranty claims and the parts supply couldn't keep up.

·
motorcycle cowboy
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manufactured by TYM in Korea.

·
MTF New Poster
2,157 Posts
There here. I looked at them last night. It was also my first visit to RK. We don't have one here. They appear to be pretty nice tractors. They sport Yanmar diesels. I would have liked to have a standard manual transmission in their SCUT/CUT tractors. They are all 4x4 with diff locks and hydrostatic transmissions. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am used to old Ford and MF from the 50's to the 70's with standard transmissions. I am interested in their RK24 model for my property and future plans. I just don't know how well built they really are. Plus, the nearest to me service center is 70 miles.

RK Tractors

·
Administrator
13,466 Posts
Ben, if you work with a hydro for awhile, you will never go back to a shifter. :tango_face_wink:

·
MTF New Poster
2,157 Posts
Ben, if you work with a hydro for awhile, you will never go back to a shifter. :tango_face_wink:
I hope. That's where everyone seems to be going with their small tractors. My concerns are overheating and fluid leaks.

Can Tractor Supply be far behind????
I have a feeling something will show up there in the next few years. Rural King and Menards are starting to spread south and west. Menards may already be west but I haven't seen any around the southeast yet.

·
motorcycle cowboy
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope. That's where everyone seems to be going with their small tractors. My concerns are overheating and fluid leaks.

I have a feeling something will show up there in the next few years. Rural King and Menards are starting to spread south and west. Menards may already be west but I haven't seen any around the southeast yet.
I like Tractor Supply, but honestly Rural King has better stuff at better prices. I figure the local TSC will fold up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hah - we have an old manual-transmission rider at the family lake cabin, and it's a PITB to use :).

·
MTF New Poster
2,157 Posts
I went back to RK in Morganton, NC last weekend. All their tractors were gone. I asked the lady managing the store what happen to them. She shrugged her shoulders. So I asked her if they would be selling them. She shrugged her shoulders. I couldn't get a verbal response except for, I dunno. It may already be coming to an end for RK to sell tractors. They are still listed on their website for now.

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
My local Tractor Supply carried the Chinese made Jinma Tractor brand about 10 or 12 years ago. Unfortunately they had lots of issues and could not even get parts for things that were still under warranty. They ended up dropping the line after less than 2 years and giving most customers there money back.

·
Registered
213 Posts
They are interesting. The RK24 with loader, 54" deck, tiller, and quick hitch (basically how mine sits now only with the 24 hp engine instead of the 18 in mine) would have come out right about the same overall amount of money that I have into mine. They advertise a TLB model for around 16K, which I am sure will tempt those that want a backhoe. I think that the problem they are going to have is with their financing. From what I have seen on here, the vast majority of people finance their sub compact. The 0% financing that Kioti, John Deere, and Kubota offer (others may offer it but I didn't look into them) is what seals the deal for many. The vast majority (including me) start out looking at used and when they realize they can get a brand new machine with warranty for under 200 a month they are sold. RK is offering financing but for 8 years, which of course is how you get the low payments, the interest rate is 5.99%. If you want a new subcompact and low monthly payments which one are you going to choose?
If they had been an option when I was looking I would have looked at them, but in the end I probably would have still gone with Kubota for the 0% financing, the known reputation, and having a dedicated dealer for service and repairs.

·
MTF New Poster
2,157 Posts
For me it's service if I need it. The closest RK is roughly 80 miles away. If something happens and the tractor is under warranty will they come to me, or come pick up the tractor and bring it back? Can their repair techs be trusted and are they properly trained and not just some bubba that happens to know how to do basic service and change hydraulic hoses. I know a good bit about tractors and how to service them. I've worked on quite a few tractors over the years. I still don't feel knowledgeable enough to split one to do a clutch job or other major repair work. Kubota is roughly 20 miles away and JD is about 13 miles away. I much prefer Kubota and they have stated verbally that they will send a service truck and qualified tech to my property to access the repairs and bring the tractor in if required and return it to me. They may renig on that, but I doubt it. They haul tractors in and do repair work without charging their customers unless it's basic service work and then the haul fee isn't usually very much. I'm not sure about JD. JDs are priced way more than Kubota when comparing similar tractors. Kubotas have a bit better reputation around here than JD but that may be due to a lot of their L&G mowers breaking down. I don't consider those real JD products. I'm not even sure they are manufactured by JD.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That was my thought....will they hire people who actually know tractors or just any Joe off the street that knows how to change oil? Being that they are TYM tractors, would the local TYM dealer handle the service where available....which doesn't look like very many places to me. There are a lot of variables.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts