My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
It`s red and made by Toro

Hi, It`s red and made by Toro, This is my second Toro Proline. Bought it in Sept. of 2004, Proline walk behind mower, 15 hp. Kawa.V-Twin power this my first Hydro commercial.Has the 44" floating deck, got a steerable sulky to go along with the mower. It has pistol grip controls. I also have a 1997 Toro Proline with tee steering that spoiled me. It took a while to get use to and get the controls adjusted right. I bought the Toro because they make a good product, and they are user friendly. And that goes for their web site. Well hope it alright to post here and listen and learn or even add my $.02 :aetsch: M_M

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: Mower_Man42 Yes its just not for Wheelhorse its for all Toros. And you can put your $.02 in anywhere on this site. :tee:

·
Registered
235 Posts
My Wheel Horse

It's not one of the real old ones, but it was all I could find down here...1987 312-8. I did a frame up cosmetic restoration. It's bullit proof. Got an Agri-Fab box blade for it that I'm learning how to use...

·
Registered
520 Posts
War Eagle, love that 'Horse! Those rims are very nice.

I've got a Toro/Wheelhorse 210-H that I'm parting out. I've used Toros for a long time, I worked at a golf course for 7 years and that's pretty much all we had. Good stuff.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice tractor WarEagle......Toro didnt change the old 'Horses.those rear ends last forever......and Kid thats a nice pair....Jake built those if memory serves.later Fords were Gilsons.

·
2,132 Posts
Thanks Jody, War Eagle that is one fine looking Wheel horse, Got to love that arrest me red paint, are those rim painted or powder coated. I take care of a lawn at a library and in the shed they have a old Wheel Horse, poor thing is just sitting there wasting away. Has a 48" deck and plow setup, big Kohler I think it`s a K 181. I took the model and ser. number off it and checked it out last year. I even jump started it and drove it around the 3.5 acre lawn put the mower deck on it . what a mess rust was falling off as I rode, tires a dry rotted. I put it back in a dry corner and put some 2 cycle gas in the tank got stable in it. Got a 3 speed with high and low range some day I`ll see if I can do some work, and swap for the old fella. I think it was built in the early 80`s I`ll have to get the numbers again, and check it out. Sure would look nice all done up like War Eagles. :aetsch: Later M_M

·
2,132 Posts
Hey I`m a Junior Member does that mean my hair is going to grow back. ROF

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Welcome Mower Man :Welcome: Just keep posting to your hearts content and the Jr. Member tag will go away or you can change it by going into User Cp and then hitting edit profile and the first box down is the custom user title and you can change it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dad has a 1972 Wheel Horse C-120. Still going strong. In the 33 years he has owned it, that sucker didn't really need to much. He's replaced the PTO( ended up switching from electric to manual because it was much cheaper), a few belts, new fuel pump, and some little things like new head lights. He just changed the spark plug for the first time 5 years ago. Recently it just started to smoke a little bit, but I think my father is going to have the engine rebuilt. Those old wheel horses are great tractors and you can't kill those old Kohler engines. I remember one time my fathers 67 Pontiac le mans was suck in reverse and couldn't get it into the garage to fix it. He pulled out the old wheelhorse and hitched it up to the car. He pulled the car up the driveway so he had enough room to swing the car around where he could back it into the garage. I know it wasn't designed to pull a car, but it didn't have a problem pulling it either.

·
Silent, Senior MTF Member
871 Posts
Here's a pic of my 854 at the 5th Annual Wheel Horse Show in Arendtsville Pa. However I did not take this picture. In fact, I don't know who did, I found it at the Yahoo Wheel Horse forum.

Here it is earning it's keep (a coupla years ago)...

What the heck, here's another pic from a coupla years ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: My Wheel Horse

War Eagle said:
It's not one of the real old ones, but it was all I could find down here...1987 312-8. I did a frame up cosmetic restoration. It's bullit proof. Got an Agri-Fab box blade for it that I'm learning how to use...

Do you know how to find info on Wheelhorse tractors prior to Toro buying them out? Do you know some one that restores them? I have a 419-8 purchased in 89 and a Work Horse GT 1100.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Juggler,
Your Wheel Horses are beautiful! I particularly like that 854. Would you say the 854 is the most "collectible" of the old Wheel Horses?

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
war eagle. check out yahoo groups. theres a bunch of them for wheel horse and they have lots of nice pics. i agree jugglers whs are some of the nicest ive seen! im a 854 fan to. i missed one last year by a day. it was an older resto that ran and cut for 500.00 ya snooze ya looze! bernie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts