My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but my Gravely Kohler 12 walk behind won't keep the PTO engaged. It goes in, but vibrates loose in a minute or so if I don't keep it pulled out with my hand.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Gravely Fan
881 Posts
This is the right place! :MTF_wel2: You don't say if this is a 5665 or a pro or commercial machine but it probably is the shipper shaft, shipper shaft guide and ball and or trunion block. Do you have a pic of your machine so we can I.D. it for you? To see what I am talking about go to www.oldgravelys.net and look for your machine. It's free and downloadable to your desk top. - Kris :rauch10:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure its a com, but have to double check. Looking at the parts, nothing noticeably off. Do I have to replace them? And if so, any idea where I can get the parts?

·
Gravely Fan
881 Posts
What color is your tractor? Yellow ? red? If the pto parts that I mentioned before are worn you can't tell by looking at them mounted on the machine. Search this forum for Richard's lawn and Garden or Antrams for parts I don't have their contact info. - Kris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red, provided its not repainted.

I'll have a look at those 2, thanks. I used to have a parts machine, but have left it at a repair shop for a year, so wouldn't be surprised if they dumped it on me - it'd be my fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts