My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've got a Coleman ?grill 4000? think thats the model number. Anyway its just the typical 3 burner propane grill. It started acting goofy this week, it has been much slower lighting and doesnt get very hot. The tank has only cooked 4 meals so it's still pretty full. The other day it was not heating up then after about 5 minutes it started working fine. Today though it wouldnt get hot at all. All of the burners work and the controls work but it just doesnt get very hot. Anyway I was thinking it was the regulator. Does that sound about right? I'm hoping I can get it fixed so another round of corn doesnt end up in the woods. Thanks!

·
Packer Backer
1,021 Posts
Check to make sure spiders haven't partially clogged the gas orifices from the manifold with webs. This is a common problem, common enough that my Weber came with special guards to protect against that.

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be a good bet to just pull everything apart and clean all of the passages? It gets fire to all 3 burners, just not enough to cook anything.

·
Packer Backer
1,021 Posts
Yea, clean everything out where the manifold attaches to the burners. There's usually a small air gap there and that's what is probably partially clogged. From what you're saying it's not getting enough gas to burn hot and I'd be willing to bet it's spiders or some other insect.

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a plan. I pulled another regulator off of an old grill that I know works perfect so I'll give it a good cleaning and swap out the regulator and let ya know what happens. We live in the woods so bugs are more then likely the cause. We have wood spiders the size of a Buick crawling around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts