My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Picked up an attachment for my tractor today, a Cockshutt 415 sickle mower, green because it was built after Oliver took over production around '62/'63. In working condition with a spare knife blade, missing the sisal rope for lifting the bar but otherwise complete, even has good tires. ;)

Attachments

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,218 Posts
And you no longer have an RM10? Good trade me thinks. Be nice to have that sickle mower.
Have some edges and ditches you can use it on?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ya I have the municipal ditch along the road with a few small willow type shrubs that I can use it on. I havent mowed the ditch since we had the flood 3 years ago so its long past due, theres still a bit of water I would have to avoid but I could cut alot of it now with this sickle.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
A former colleague of mine here in Ottawa has a collection of cockshutts that he has/is restoring. I know that he is looking for lights and a good pulley and recently his 50 won't shift into high so he may be looking for transmission. Keep that in mind if you know of anything available. Thanks

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
A former colleague of mine here in Ottawa has a collection of cockshutts that he has/is restoring. I know that he is looking for lights and a good pulley and recently his 50 won't shift into high so he may be looking for transmission. Keep that in mind if you know of anything available. Thanks
Since he collect Cockshutts he probably already know this but... the most common issue with these tractors is a worn shift lever... theres a ball on the bottom that gets worn down and then it doesnt move the forks as far as it should.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts