My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something Im gonna be looking at(and possibly buying) in the near future so Im looking for info on them. Research so far suggest that around '54-'55 a few 30s left the Ontario factory with yellow paint and forklift attachments, the forklift bits have been removed from this particular tractor so its incomplete, and a little rough, but never the less I find it quite interesting.

Any info is appreciated TIA ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody here heard of them? Well I dont feel bad then cause neither had I until this one popped up. Research so far suggests that as few as 16 may have been built with the forklift attachment, and that it might have a foot throttle and power steering. Most went to the military, and a couple for highway maintanence. Other yellow models were produced but only the forklift models were 'lowered'. I havent determined yet how the front was lowered but possibly it was simply by flipping the axle over upside down. The rear is lowered just with smaller wheels but the gearing was not changed so that should mean a lower top speed but a bit more torque.

The tractor is 12 hours away from me but I the owner assures me he wasnt actively trying to sell it and that I can take some time to arrange a trip out there... he has even given me a couple 'suggestions' for possible trades.... ne1 know of a nice 45 70 for sale ;) Lol

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Not an Industrial model. My Uncle had probably 6 or 8 row crop model 30's & 40's on his dairy farm. He'd pick them up a large consignment auction held monthly near here, really cheap. Most would need an OH. He would tear them down, and see what they needed, then next trip up, stop at Tractor Supply on the way to the next auction, when it was a "real" Tractor Supply, that carried OH kits in stock.

I still remember seeing a tractor kept hooked to about every attachment you would use on a dairy farm. One for every occasion. No hook, and unhook, just jump on and go, and, no wasting valuable time, between milking's.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I will end up with it... owner seems willing to work with me at least. Finding an original, and available, forklift attachment is likely about as easy as finding hens teeth.... but finding someone who wants this Ind30 is apparantly quite easy.... I would prefer a 20 but those are tough to find in my budget.... but MAYBE, if I have this Ind30 I can sway someone into a trade. Lol

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Yea the tires on that one would not work to well outside.

·
Organized Chaos!
243 Posts
Finding an original, and available, forklift attachment is likely about as easy as finding hens teeth....
Nifty lookin unit! :thThumbsU You can always buy that Clark back & hang the lift on the 30. lol

My Dad worked for a Versatile Equip Dealer back in the early 70's & they had an old Cockshutt 30 rigged up with a heavy pipe frame FEL uglier than sin, but it worked very well. They used it to lift engines & for machinery setup & a multitude of other things. It was a real work horse. Brother inlaw had a 40 & it was a beast too.

Anyways I found a bit of info on this unit in one of my tractor books so I thought it only fitting to have it in this thread.

Good luck with it Lance, that should keep ya busy for a while searching for parts & stuff

Bob

Cockshutt 30 Industrial.jpg Cockshutt 30 Industrial Write Up 100_5406.JPG

Cockshutt 30 Industrial 2018-01-16.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts