My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I scraped out an old Troybilt LT. That left me with a Briggs Vtwin hanging from the Hoist. I was straightening up the garage while I tried to figure out what to do with the engine. I need to take it to the car wash and clean the block up before I put the cover back on it. Then I'll want to run it a few minutes to get some of the moisture out of it. I have an extra pressure washer frame so I got it to move the engine around on and thought I would drill some holes and bolt it down. I made a pattern using a riding mower frame and drilled the holes. When I started to put the bolts in the muffler pipes were hitting part of the frame. Sawzall and a metal blade took care of that and some of the pan so the muffler would clear. I keep an old Tecumseh push mower tank in the garage to use as a gravity feed test tank, I bungeed it to the handlebars. I think this will work better than my usual method, clamping the engine to a piece of plywood on some saw horses. If the stand doesn't
Motor vehicle Cylinder Gas Machine Nut
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Fixture
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

work I'll throw it in the dumpster, that's where it was headed anyway.
Cannon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts