My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my tractor several months and have fixed quite a few problems that had been shade tree engineered. The clutch pedal has a door spring for a return. I took the side cover off and I see the hole in the idler bracket but cannot locate a place to hook the other end. I am sure that I have read on here where it goes and I know for sure that someone on here knows the answer. I would like to fix it properly instead of the way a lot of other things were done. Thanks

Eric(the old goat in S.W. Virginia)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Some of the tractors had 2 springs. One going down and the other going back under the dash.

The one spring model was back under the dash. Spring hooked by the idler pulley (Some had a cotter pin by the idler pulley also for the spring to hook.)
then back under the dash to another cotter pin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My unit has neither. It appears to have a small slot at the lower side that would pull from the front and a hole in the upper section that could go back to the dash. I will check the top out a little better. If all else fails, I will just take some pic to better explain. Thanks again. Eric

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I had these picture on my computer. Your not the first to ask this question. :fing32:

The is the older model with one spring

This is the newer model. Top spring hooks back under the dash same as the first picture, but has the cotter pin by the pulley. I think they all had the cotter pins new but they break after 30 years. The other part the arrow is pointing at has a hole for a 2nd spring. That spring is not really needed. I don't think I even have the lower spring ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Small Fry, I went to TSC and got stupid. Bought springs for upper and lower. I drilled a 1/8 inch hole in the horizonal plate below the idler and hooked it there. Gonna do the top as soon as I have the time. I appreciate your help.

Eric(the old goat in SW Virginia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts