My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Ford 2110 LCG
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was swapping rear sump hydraulic fluid and noticed where the clutch pedal connects to body there is a massive leak with a constant drip. I can't figure out how to pull this clutch pedal out to check a seal. Please don't tell me this invoves splitting the tractor.

Wood Trunk Plant Gas Metal

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Gas Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
That shaft coming through the rear axle center housing is the brake cross-shaft. The clutch pedal just uses it as a pivot point. There is a bushing on the outside of the shaft where it comes through the casing. It is the part labelled #32 in the parts drawing at the link below.

Link to brake parts drawing for Ford 2000 & 3000 series tractors

Hopefully it is just the bushing that is worn, as it is a softer metal than the shaft and the casing and is designed to be the part that wears first because it can be (relatively) easily replaced. There is a second identical bushing on the other side of the tractor where the shaft comes out on that side. I recommend replacing both of them since you're going to have to pull the shaft to replace the one that's leaking. it will not require a split of the tractor, just removal of the brake and clutch pedals from the shaft and then pulling the shaft out one side of the tractor, removing the bushings and replacing them and then putting everything back together. The linkages will need to be disconnected from the pedals to get the pedals off of the shaft. Take some pictures before you start disconnecting and removing things so you can get everything back the way they were, and don't lose the woodruff keys (parts labelled 28D and 37), they go on the shaft inside the left side brake linkage piece and inside the left brake pedal where it meets the shaft and are what make the left brake work. The right brake pedal and clutch pedal both just pivot on the shaft and have their own direct linkage to the parts that they control, but the left brake pedal uses one woodruff key to rotate the shaft and the other woodruff key rotates the brake linkage on the left side fo the tractor when the shaft rotates.

·
Registered
1966 Ford 2110 LCG
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I feel less stressed now. Is the brake side bushing part 40 in the diagram you previously noted or would it be why 32 is referenced twice?

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
The positioning of things is a bit confusing from that picture, as it doesn't show the full length of the shaft, but #32 is the bushing for where the shaft passes through the casing on both sides of the tractor, that is why it shows two of them in the drawing and lists the quantity needed as 2 in the parts listing on the right side. #40 is the bushing that goes inside the base of the right brake pedal so that the right brake pedal can rotate freely on the shaft. You tighten the bolt at the base of the right brake pedal so that it is tight on the bushing, and then there is a washer and a circlip/snapring on the right end of the shaft which is what keeps the bushing that the right brake pedal clamps to from sliding off the end of the shaft. There is a similar bushing on the left end of the shaft labelled #54A which goes inside the base of the clutch pedal to allow the clutch pedal to rotate freely on the shaft as well, but the linkage piece on the left end of the shaft for the left brake linkage is clamped tight to the shaft itself so no washer or circlip/snapring is needed on that end of the shaft to keep the clutch pedal and bushing from sliding off the end of the shaft.

The way that the parts are ordered in the picture looks like you are supposed to remove the shaft by sliding it out to the left, and when you put it back in you put one of the #32 bushings on the shaft before you slide the shaft back into the tractor and that becomes the left bushing, and then as the shaft begins to come out the right side of the tractor you slide the second #32 busing onto the shaft from the right side.

I recommend that you get a Service Manual if you do not alreay have one.

·
Registered
1966 Ford 2110 LCG
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the I&T show manual. I was looking under clutch but based on your diagram I need to check thr braking and brake controls section.

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Yeah, it would be under the brake and brake control section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts