My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I got the engine transfered to Snapper SR 120 MOdel 281013BE the engine is still a Briggs & Stratton but now is # 266707 type 4029 02. It runs great in reverse, is wimpy in 1st and won't go up hills. I tried to find the allen hole to drop down the drive disc (aluminum pancake wheel) but all I can find is a groove or slot for a key even when turning the wheel all around when on its back. When upright, I did find a TINY hole in aluminum pancake wheel. A long skinny allen wrench went in it but I did not know which way to turn or what size allen wrench to use or if that is even correct. I tried turning both ways and saw no improvement in drive performance. I tightened the spring to the metal thing that flips down on the yoke and it seemed to make no difference.

HELP!

RhondaXYZ

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,265 Posts
There will be two allen set screws along the hub key-way. These are loosened and the drive plate adjusted to 3-7/8" from drive face to top of mower frame where engine sits.

Not wanting to pull in 1 & 2nd is a possible indication that the shifter yoke has badly worn places in it. That is the thing that the chain case roller runs back and forth on.

The shifter position can be adjusted by loosening the two studs in the shifter plate on the side of the mower. Rubber tired wheel should be in center on metal drive disc when shifter lever is in neutral.

Walt Conner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts