My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
She’s down. Thatched, mowed, aerated, seeded and watered. Put down 3lbs of clover with 25lb of turf type tall fescue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Old farmer used to live next to me always said the clover was good for the soil, "sweetened it" and would help the grass do better in a few years. Wife hates it... I accidently never spray the clover with the weed control stuff.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I might have waited to long before throwing down. We got a early frost about four weeks after with on and off rain. I did see some germination hopefully I have one more maybe two more good mows before the snow flys. I guess the spring will tell the truth on how I did. Also looking in the Sunday lawn program minus the weed killer

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'll be interested to hear the reports of how it did! I know I wanted to get some seed down, but decided not to, because because the concern was that if it germinates and doesn't grow enough before winter sets in, it will winter kill.

Mother nature is laughing at me anyway. We've had snow and predicted record low temps. So it isn't happening this fall regardless. I think I'll try frost seeding it next Feb, assuming we don't have snow cover

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Tonight will be the first below freezing night and they are calling for flurries maybe a covering of snow. I think it’ll be fine and I will try to get out in the yard this weekend to get the leafs up and mow. I’ll see if I have any sprouts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My main goal is to get a good mix of grass and clover on the lawn. Hopefully have a greener lawn when the summer heat hits on a none irrigated lawn. And naturally chase the weeds out.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Calling for 3” of snow here this week. I hope they survive, id hate to reseed then have twice as much clover as I intended

61 - 74 of 74 Posts