My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
^_^
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process or putting a hydraulic setup from a LGT165 (closed sides) onto my LGT125 open sided mower.

Can someone post a picture of the factory location of the hydraulic valve and the routing of the solid lines that go from the hydro to the valve? I was hoping to just put the lines in place and go from there.. but it looks like it's going to be more complicated :fing20: I just want to see if I can do it without bending any lines.

My final goal is to get the hydraulic setup on there and then put on a 42" deck from a Cub Cadet 102 that I have lying around... they are only 1000% easier to find than Ford decks.. and are much more solid :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
They are entirely different, so the lines will not work.Mounting is also very different,location and orientation. The valve is under the dash/ shift cover at about 45 degree angle up side down.

·
^_^
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking I could just put the valve in the same location as a closed side LGT since I have the lines from the 165.. it looks like the part for the ignition is in it's place though.

Oh well, I'll get it to work somehow. I got the spin-on filter housing and line put on so far. I can't seem to free up the part to get the hydraulic cylinder in place..

Do the A-B or the In-Out lines go to the cylinder? I was thinking In Out goes to the Hydro, and A-B go to the cylinder?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
A-B go to cylinder and in comes from the top of the pump , and out goes to the filter.

·
^_^
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I got the cylinder in place. Just gotta mount the valve somewhere. Maybe buy some flexible hoses to make life easier if I can't make the old metal ones work.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a 42 inch deck for an LGT, 2 spindles are good, 1 is bad, Deck itself is solid throughout, but, I am in SE Michigan.

Dave

·
^_^
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be nice to have the original deck but I don't even have my drivers license yet. I wouldn't really want to drive that far anyway. Thanks for the offer though.

Updates:

I'm one line and a filter away from filling up the hydro with oil. Then I just need to make a new lever and link for the valve. That can come later though.

·
^_^
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got everything hooked up. (Well, it was actually two days ago)

I accidently cracked one of the metal lines but I shortened it. :thThumbsU

I was suprised that there weren't any leaks, but I guess that shows a lack of confidence...

Here's where I decided to mount the valve, I only have one bolt holding it but it is plenty stable and isn't going anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts