My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get on the 318LGT this evening and when I turned the key it started making a clicking noise and fired right up. Something is sounding loose when the mower is engaged. I stopped, checked the PTO after it cooled off and everything is tight there.

Drove it into the garage and turned it off looking for a loose starter. On tight. Tried to start again and got the clicking noise and turned the key off and didn't attempt to start it. Tried it again and did the same thing. Tried it 3 more times and no clicking fired up like it should each time. Solenoid problems with only 27 hours on it?? The clicking sounded like it came from under the dash. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just clicks a couple of seconds and starts. slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the solenoid located? slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't there a relay on the newer ones under or just in front of dash?
The noise seems to be coming from inside the dash. slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Don't know where the solinoid would be on this model, but I would check ALL battery/starter connections for some looseness, dirt or moisture. Sounds like a bad connection to me.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I beleive I have a loose connection. Started up just fine this pm. Used it for a while this evening and it started doing it again. I'm going to pull out the battery and check all connections. slkpk

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
My 446 use to make a clucking sound, so I opened the hood and there was a big "baaaaaa bawwwwkkk"... I then realized I ran over a chicken - oh Im sorry you said clicking sound - never mind. :D

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 446 use to make a clucking sound, so I opened the hood and there was a big "baaaaaa bawwwwkkk"... I then realized I ran over a chicken - oh Im sorry you said clicking sound - never mind. :D
:fing20: It's my hour meter and not a chicken:thThumbsU . Everything is tight and it 's making a rapid fire clicking noise and stops. Seems to be working fine. slkpk

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The is Caseman2 Lady Friend; he was very tickled with himself over the chicken comments - he was laughing so hard his eyes were watering. Some days it dangerous to let him near the computer:bonk: especially when he gets silly. But it was nice to see him laughing so hard - it's been a while.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The is Caseman2 Lady Friend; he was very tickled with himself over the chicken comments - he was laughing so hard his eyes were watering. Some days it dangerous to let him near the computer:bonk: especially when he gets silly. But it was nice to see him laughing so hard - it's been a while.
Lady Friend,

What are you not doing properly to tickle him? LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can't make some of this stuff up.
Years ago I bought on of the first Honda automobiles. Tiny, 2 seat, motorcycle engine. Wanted to save on gas. Most of the guys drove big pickups or hotrods, so I took a lot of ribbing.

Went to leave work one day, backed out of the space, and when I went to drive forward, the Honda wouldn't budge. Kept hitting the gas and easing the clutch, but it wouldn't move.

I looked up and a group of coworkers were waving and laughing so hard one of them fell over on the ground. I backed up a little, and saw a puff of feathers in front of the car. Just then a rather annoyed looking duck wandered out toward a small pond nearby.

I had been stopped dead in my tracks by a duck.

Proud day.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Lady Friend,

What are you not doing properly to tickle him? LOL
He laughs pretty good when he does something to get a glare from me because I end up looking over the top of my glasses or when I call him certain names - he thinks it's pretty funny. I'm apparently pretty amusing when I get sarcastic too. But usually not enough to make him laugh hard enough to have tears in his eyes - Lady Friend

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
He laughs pretty good when he does something to get a glare from me because I end up looking over the top of my glasses or when I call him certain names - he thinks it's pretty funny. I'm apparently pretty amusing when I get sarcastic too. But usually not enough to make him laugh hard enough to have tears in his eyes - Lady Friend
I suspect that you can bring tears to his eyes if you choose to! (Tears of joy, that is!) <S>

This has been a tough time for Auto Workers, in general! But he has had a couple of great C/I events! I have a feeling that All will work out well!

·
16,490 Posts
Sounds like everything came out good on this thread...

A solution/fix, and some good humor!!

All is well in this world...:trink40:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts