early last summer I was cleaning my mower deck ( 54" fabricated ) & recalled a guy I knew in Nawlins' that sprayed his motorcycle windshield with Pam cooking spray to keep bugs from sticking. after I cleaned the deck & allowed it to dry I sprayed it with dri-slide silicone lube. when I cleaned it yesterday there was hardly any build. for some reason this deck has an 1 1/4" lip 4" back from the front that runs full width & is a crud catcher. there was some unavoidable ( due to design ) build up along that lip & some small areas in the corners. other than that it was clean so after cleaning it I sprayed it again. I also find that the only way to clean the top thoroughly is to remove the belt covers. each cover has a bolt under the floorboard that is a bit of a pain to R & R so I just leave them off. so far that's not been a problem.