My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this on Monday and I got around to giving it a good wash today. Took the hood and side covers off, removed the deck and clean underneath the tractor, hit all the grease fittings, and gave it an oil change.

I would say it cleaned up pretty good.

I have

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Yep, looks pretty good. Missing the one cap on the front wheel and....................the emblem!!!! Also the belt tensioning handles are still available from JD but before you put it on pull the tensioning assembly and lube it really good, otherwise you'll just break off the next one, they are really weak!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the belt tensioning assembly? where would that be?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
It looks good. slkpk

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Wanna tell us about the grill emblem and how it came to be missing, bet it's a good story.........:crybaby:

and I guess you don't use "ICE" on it either.......:banghead3

But all kidding aside she looks really great :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
When you look at the front of your tractor you can see the knob sticking out on the left side. That normally has a "T" handle on it. Unbolt the bolt there (lots of turning) and it will release the tension on the belt to the mule drive (the two pulleys that allow the belt to go from the engine down to the mower deck). Then work that threaded rod in and out of the tensioning assembly and apply PB blaster first to loosen the rust and then when it's moving good oil it. This needs to be lubed about twice a year (at least that's what I did) so that you can tension the belt easily.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Nice looking tractor - cleaned up real nice.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks PAGuy318. I will look into the T-handle tomorrow.

As far as the grille emblem goes ??????? i have no idea. maybe a trip to the JD dealer tomorrow might solve that mystery.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
thanks PAGuy318. I will look into the T-handle tomorrow.

As far as the grille emblem goes ??????? i have no idea. maybe a trip to the JD dealer tomorrow might solve that mystery.
Great!! it will solve the problem but not the mystery. I was hoping for a good story, like most of them ...... It came off when I grabbed it to remove the grill.

Yes PB Blaster works very well.

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Don't forget the 23% horsepower gain you get by replacing the grill emblem :hide:

Your cleanup turned out :fing32: Are those the cast iron or vinyl covered wheel weights? I need to get a set for my 214.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wheel weights are vinyl. one of them is scuffed pretty bad.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,653 Posts
Looks Great!! Come on down, I'll give you a crack at getting mine looking that good, it could use some detailing.

Attachments

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Nice looking 214 teamsawbelly!:fing32:

KHodges,what front tires are you running on your 214?

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
I like the look of the 214's:fing32: They are good looking tractors :trink40:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts