My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a spreader bar to my titan clamp-on forks,i had a problem keeping the forks tight enough to stay on and not move or come off.i think this will take care of that.i also put a strap from the bar to my bucket,should keep them from coming off.the forks work great for my needs and are easy to install.

Attachments

·
Professional Homeowner
7,059 Posts
Looks good!
I got a set of the Titans myself and had the same problems. I just lived with it until I upgraded my machine. I figured that I might upgrade so I had purchased the ones that have a 3000 lb capacity of something like that. One of them is bent pretty bad now. I really should upgrade to SSQA and get dedicated forks.

I ended up resolving much of my issue by welding 3/8" thick metal blocks into the bucket to form V shaped nests for the set bolts to fit in. It keeps them solid in place, and it was cheap to do. Problems with that: 1) no adjustability. If I want different spacing, I leave the V nests so the forks can get wonky again unless I weld in more V nests on different spacing (plausible, I guess... But not convenient). 2) they're nested solid when installed. If I hit something at an angle with a fork tip, the set bolts bend and it sucks to replace them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are definetly not as good as dedicated forks,but for the price they are a real good alternative.but for my needs they work well.i just needed things that let my tractor do the things I used to by hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts