My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically it only has one wheel, but I couldn't find another place to put this.

I picked up this little guy last week from a nice gentleman who said it was in his dad's storage for many years. They were cleaning out his dad's place and didn't have a use for it. Hasn't ran since he was a kid he told me. Got it for a really good price.

As best I can tell it's original and has the 1.5 horsepower Clinton engine. Doesn't have the bar lug tire though, but I do believe the nobby turf tire was an option. What little I can find on the internet about it says they're from the late 40's and built by Lodge and Shipley.

I wanted it for the sickle bar because I need to clear some tall brush out at my land. I even got it running the night I brought it home after working with it for a hour and a half freeing everything up and changing the fluids. This thing is HEAVY for such a small tractor, going to be a challenge heaving it into the back of my truck by myself, too bad the kids weren't older.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
I've got one I've used in the garden for 25+ years, with a 5 tine weeder attachment. Sure is handy..!! I gave $8 for it at an auction. Back in the late 70's, and early 80's, you could buy a running one for $20 or so. Guy's showing tractors & engines would buy them, then hook a sulky on behind, and cruise the show grounds.

You may find after you get it good & warm, that the exhaust valve will stick. A capful of Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas, will solve that problem. I also put a dash in the crankcase. I flat wore the Clinton out on mine, and repowered with a 2.5 hp. engine from Surplus Center. At 1/3 throttle or so, it will spin out, before losing power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts