My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kohler Command CV17-CV25, CV620-CV730, CV740, CV750 series engine.

The choke is getting stuck. Sometimes it works fine. I lube the linkage where the choke connects to the arm near the throttle linkage. Did not help.

I followed the linkage up to the carburetor and saw that there is a spring loaded mechanism there and that's where it seem to be binding up. I had to take screw driver and pry it forward, direction choke would close, to release it. There was resistance, so I lubed it with WD-40 and that did not help. Then I lubed it with wheel bearing grease. I finally pried it lose again. The choke moves nice and easy over and over as you work it, but if you let it set for awhile it still binds and you cant pull the choke out again.

Does anyone have this engine and have a problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks,
MR

· 10K and Climbin!
12,877 Posts
Sounds weird.. Can you post a picture of the setup in this thread? Choke's are usually hard-connected. It may be as simple as a cable adjustment.. :dunno:

Also, I see you have posted this same thread in a bunch of sub-forums (trying to get help).. I would suggest that you just post it once. That way less there are fewer threads to keep track of and each one will get different folks suggesting the same things.. Just a friendly suggestion... :dunno:

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cleaned the carb with carb cleaner, but I didn't think that would work because I did that early spring when I was changing the oil. I tried adjusting the choke slightly closed as suggest by someone in the forum. What is happening after it releases, using screw driver at the top of the linkage by the choke where there is a spring, it is fine, nice and loose. The next day you check it, it is also fine. However, it is when you start the engine and run for awhile and the come out the next time to use it then it will be stuck, therefore I think it has something to do with running the engine and shutting the engine down. I tried this over and over and its the same thing. As long as you do not run the engine the choke will be free every time you pull it. Here are some photos of the set up.
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor Machine

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Carburetor

Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Automotive exterior Vehicle

Auto part Engine Carburetor Automotive engine part Vehicle

Auto part Carburetor Engine Automotive engine part

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.