My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........For Small Engines. second edition (1979)

Found this in my junk box, forgot about it. Very good shape, lots of info.

On the cover is a rider called a Huffy any one remember them? I has 4 push mower wheels.

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Don't remember it, Tonyb, but if it's by Chilton's, and from '79, it's probably a good reference guide!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I remember the Huffy. Never used one, but there sure were a lot of them around here.

By all means, the Chilton's is a great reference. Hang on to that one.

·
All Fired Up
454 Posts
I've got Motor's Manuals for auto from the sixties and seventies. Sit around and collect dust, but I won't aprt with them for some reason my wife doesn't understand.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Have you checked eBay for the going price of Motor's Manuals from the 40's...50's..and 60's?
Some are worth the price of 'gold' to the right people.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,448 Posts
Hmm...! I just saw some old Motors Manuals at a flea market this morning from the 1930's and 40's,could have bought them for 10-12 bucks each,maybe less!!!..I thought the same thing,that they would be worth a lot to the right person..but since I had 15 bucks left in my wallet,I wasn't about to spend it on those books..the guy selling them "cleaned out" a old mechanics garage after he passed away,and was practically giving many old things like advertisements of parts,etc away..

I wish I was better off financially,I see a lot of things I could make money on at this flea market,and at yard sales,auctions,etc..,IF I could afford the original purchase!!..

...as an example,I bought some more v-belts from the guy I got some there from last month,a dollar each,for whatever belt he had..he had 4 large totes full,and he's offered to sell me ALL of them for like,50 -75 bucks..there is probably only 100-150 belts left now,but many are duplicates and sizes I dont personally need--still,if I could get 10 bucks each on CL,I'd make out pretty good,huh??...last sunday I saw a "Hondo" mandolin for sale,85 bucks or best offer--I figured it was some cheap import POS,after I looked it up online I learned it sold for 385 bucks new back in the 80's,and is now no longer in production,they only made mandolins a few years.

.about a month ago I saw a guy pick up a Fender mandolin built in the 30's for 65 bucks!--the guy selling it said "I'm selling it for a friend,I dont know much about it really--he said its a 1930 something or other--he wants 75 for it!"..the buyer told me as we walked away,he'd have NO trouble getting 500 for it,but wasn't interested in selling it either!..

....people are now ditching a lpt of high dollar stuff like instruments,collectibles,etc..saw a very old buck knife collection there today sell for 1000 bucks,the seller was asking 1200,and the buyer ,who is supposedly very stingy and buys NOTHING unless he's positive he'll make money on it,and knows his stuff,was grinning like a bandit when we walked off with them..unfortunately it takes money to make money,and I dont have any to get the ball rolling!..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts