My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year my wife won the "Judge's choice" award at the Chippewa County Fair. This year I plan on winning. We are both cooking test pots today. My chilli seems a little flat, so I'm cheating by asking for input. She obviously makes darn good chilli, so I need to bring my "A" game. I'm looking for secret ingredients. Thanks in advance, I'll let you know how we do on September 7.

·
just getting started
51 Posts
I know it sounds weird, but melt some bitter chocolate into the chili.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
probly a day late, but, everything fresh. wifey made chili today. the peppers, onions, and maters all picked less then 12hrs before cooking. i think it really makes a diffrence

·
Registered
243 Posts
The chocolate actually works. I have a recipe for meatless chili that's fantastic.

When I make chili, I simmer it for at least 6 hours. I like to use jalapenos that I have dehydrated then crushed up. The dried jalapenos are added very slowly over a two hour time period. I season to taste - got to have a little fire! And I only cooked chili in a dutch oven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts