My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Deutz Allis 914H, bought with hopes to fix up, but it's way too rough. Deck seized and rusted out, wiring is trashed. engine missing more than a few parts along with being dissasembled and the PTO lever seems jammed.... I can spin the drive shaft by hand and it seems like there is some preassure, but I cant get the wheels to turn. Is there any way to power up the drive shaft with a drill? I just want to verify the hydro does or doesent work

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it's a hydro with a fan, maybe try a shop vac as a blower, use the fan like a turbine, and test that way. Never tried it, but it might work. Otherwise, something with a rubber tire, chucked in a drill might do- run the tire against the hydro pulley.

·
Registered
419 Posts
None of those methods will work. You need something approaching the power of the gas engine that sits in the front of the tractor!

Can you get the engine to start?

·
22,343 Posts
Jack the rear wheels off the ground and try the electric drill. That's more than enough power to run the hydro with no load, and even enough to move the tractor on a concrete floor, if the rear end is in good shape.

There is something like 30 to 60:1 reduction at full deflection of the swash plate between the hydro input and the rear wheels, and the swash plate offers infinite positions from 0 to +/- 100% between input and output of the hydro itself.

Either a pulley mounted in the drill or a socket that will friction fit the end of the shaft should drive the hydro. WATCH YOUR FINGERS!!!

Make sure you're turning the shaft in the correct direction.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of those methods will work. You need something approaching the power of the gas engine that sits in the front of the tractor!

Can you get the engine to start?
engine removed. missing intake valve and most of the carb. also was dissasembled, not by me.. I bought the tractor on a whim off Ebay

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack the rear wheels off the ground and try the electric drill. That's more than enough power to run the hydro with no load, and even enough to move the tractor on a concrete floor, if the rear end is in good shape.

There is something like 30 to 60:1 reduction at full deflection of the swash plate between the hydro input and the rear wheels, and the swash plate offers infinite positions from 0 to +/- 100% between input and output of the hydro itself.

Either a pulley mounted in the drill or a socket that will friction fit the end of the shaft should drive the hydro. WATCH YOUR FINGERS!!!

Make sure you're turning the shaft in the correct direction.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts