My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Johnny was at the GT pulls this weekend. That's a 350 Chevy in there.

What they do is put the motor in backwards and the damper drives the hydro pump, that way the rotation is correct:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Now thats slick there Keith!! :congrats: And the name says it all!! :bannana: :bananapow :bannana: :greendr: :greendr: :greendr:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Man that is nice. I wonder what the top speed on that thing is?

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
He must not run it very long at any one time; where's the radiator?

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Thats awesome! Any video of it running or pulling?

~F~

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Did it do any good or just for show

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Man whoever shoehorned that small block in there did a nice job. I'm guessing it would be a total handfull if you opened the trottle.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The V8 hydros put on a nice show and LOUD :) But the 4 cyl (300HP mustang/Pinto motors), home made frame etc, they put on the best pull in my option.

I got 4th out of 10 in the 12HP stock class today (pulled 182 feet), not bad for my 2nd pull :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

Man whoever shoehorned that small block in there did a nice job. I'm guessing it would be a total handfull if you opened the trottle.
most of the V8 hydros use a Cub 1450 or so, the weak point is the pump.

the tractor other than the motor most be stock

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sweet looks like fun and congrats on your pull

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have been to a few tractor pulls but has been a long time. There are none close her and I have not seen any in Australia.

I have one question. What do the use for a rear end? I would think that would blow a JD rear end. But then what do I know. I have rebuilt engines but never done anyting like that. That is one fine puller.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been to a few tractor pulls but has been a long time. There are none close her and I have not seen any in Australia.

I have one question. What do the use for a rear end? I would think that would blow a JD rear end. But then what do I know. I have rebuilt engines but never done anyting like that. That is one fine puller.
They use the stock hydros in the V8, they hold up, but they do blow the pumps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts