My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
12,702 Posts
Interesting design. I have no idea if it's better or worse than any other equipment trailer out there. Looks cool with the tool box integrated into the gooseneck. At first glance I thought it was a 5th wheel trailer.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Neat design but I think it would be rather heavy at the hitch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Gator does build nice trailers but not sure of what they are trying to accomplish there, unless just to be different

a/ ball not gooseneck
b/ extra tongue weight
c/ reduced load cap by extra build weight
d/ I thought originally the design was as a spray shield, but picks show open center

Pretty nice though:trink40:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well, it may work really well to haul a nice car, it shields the front from debris. And with my limited knowledge of towing, that should tow very nicely. I have a buddy that tows all sorts of things, and recently towed a large 5th wheel camper, he said it towed like a dream, way better than any bumper pull he's seen.

I bet it would be a sweet ticket for the right truck, I doubt it would work well on a 1/2 ton, but it looks like they know what they're doing. 3/4 or 1 ton truck, that would probably tow like a dream.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I like the look but the tongue weight would be on the high side. Not only that but if you go to the work of making a front like that why not just make a 5th wheel trailer and be done with it....Mike

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Kinda strange set up I really can't see the benefit of the tongue like that. It would be very heavy for sure.
:ditto::ditto:
The plus side its got a low center of gravity .
a negative is what of ramps is there clearance for them underneath the deck?
Seems a styling exersize only , either make it a goose neck or a standard pulling hitch , you can still have storage either way , the deck should have diamond plate or open mesh grating or a heavy textured rubber mat for traction and safety that nice shiny smooth deck will be slick as snot either wet ( take your choice rain,snow, mud) or from dripping lubricants.
If your going this far why not a powered ramp.
That's my two cents .

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
the deck is diamond plate steel in the pics on ebay

i wonder/bet that the design acts like a weight distributing hitch ...... hmmm im sure it creates some leverage that would move some of the weight to the trailer axles, im not sure if it would also move some to the steer axle of the tow car

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
interchangeable from a gooseneck to a ball coupler.
maybe that is the only modification. so that you dont HAVE to have a 5th wheel hitch......just a ball.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
the only advantage i see, is a intergrated bulkhead. it really looks like a gooseneck cut down to a bumper pull. less parts to make? looking at the pictures of the deck, you could surf on that! they cant weld a sheet of diamond plate down flat, and want to reinvent the wheel?

·
ac-919
87 Posts
Seems like it is designed to haul a mini excavator or something along that line. I'm assumming that it meant for a 1 ton or larger truck with a high hitch. Not really practical for most but may suit a speical situation. It would pull like any normal hitch mount trailer
Wilf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts