My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VerticalScope cashed my check on the 24th of June... it's getting to be a month later and they still have not renewed my MTF membership. I have lost my Site Supporter status at this point. Who do I need to talk to to fix this? I thought it would get applied by now, but enough time has passed that I'm starting to get a little annoyed.

Any help is appreciated :thanku:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LTG. Let me know if you need me to PM additional info.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,763 Posts
Sure... Maybe if you could PM me what date you saw the cheque get cashed, we're looking into what's happened. In the meantime, the Admins have restored your Site Supporter status so you're not crunched for space while this gets figured out.

:howdy:

·
requires supervision
658 Posts
In the meantime, the Admins have restored your Site Supporter status so you're not crunched for space
Well that blows my chance of making a bit of cash
by subleasing my supporter status to him. :drunkie:

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I just got my notice that payment is due by 11/1/14, and am mailing my check today,,, Hmmmmmm,,,,, :dunno:

I hope the check (or is it cheque, since it is going to Canada??) gets there in one day,,,,

PLEASE do not take away my MTF Site Supporter flag,,,,,,,,, :crybaby:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I just got my notice that payment is due by 11/1/14, and am mailing my check today,,, Hmmmmmm,,,,, :dunno:

I hope the check (or is it cheque, since it is going to Canada??) gets there in one day,,,,

Not sure it would happen that quickly, but just in case I could place one in your signature for awhile till it all gets worked thru.
Whatcha think?
supporter.gif

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My gosh CAD, slipping in the old age, are we? :ROF

I at least gave them a couple of weeks in advance to get my check and process it :dunno:

And to WNY... how does paying online eliminate the middleman? It sure looks to me like you have to use PayPal... which adds a middleman that you don't have with the check. The bank's not taking X amount of that transaction like PayPal is. That's why many places give you a 1-5% discount for cash or check instead of PayPal/Credit Card.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Not sure it would happen that quickly, but just in case I could place one in your signature for awhile till it all gets worked thru.
Whatcha think?
View attachment 1025193
Maybe, with luck, the regular banner will stay there!! :fing32:

Thanks for the offer!! :thanku:

Pay online and eliminate the middleman!
Click on auto-pay and re-up for year upon year without even knowing about it!!
I would pay on-line, it is cheaper for me, but, there has been an issue that others have had with PayPal,,, :hide:
People get "funny" when somebody deals with THEIR money.
I was trying to select the payment method that would keep the most people happy. :drunkie:

Maybe MTF, if MTF prefers PayPal, should offer free years of membership should a glitch occur with PayPal payment,,,, ?:dunno:

I would have opted for PayPal with that offer!!

My gosh CAD, slipping in the old age, are we? :ROF

I could have renewed with PayPal with one day notice, :dunno:
,,,,,,,, or I could have flown up with the check at no cost by using my frequent flyer miles,,,,,
but, I was afraid the flight would have been delayed by
:snowing:

I at least gave them a couple of weeks in advance to get my check and process it :dunno:

I thought they would have sent out notice of payment due more than one day in advance,,, :dunno:

And to WNY... how does paying online eliminate the middleman? It sure looks to me like you have to use PayPal... which adds a middleman that you don't have with the check. The bank's not taking X amount of that transaction like PayPal is. That's why many places give you a 1-5% discount for cash or check instead of PayPal/Credit Card.
I think PayPal eliminates "legwork",,,,, somebody has to get a check to a bank.
It is probably worth 20 cents to a dollar to eliminate paperwork, and check processing,,,,
:Stop:

Personally, I use PayPal a LOT,,,,, and prefer it. Amazon is the only place I do not use PayPal.

Could MTF accept payment through Amazon? THAT would make me REAL happy!! :bannana:

MTF also needs an Amazon link for other purchases, if the Amazon link is used, MTF gets a cut of the sale.

That would probably generate MUCH more money than the annual $20 fee.

I would use it,,,,, and we get 3-5 Amazon deliveries a week........... :eek:mg:

What can I say,,,, we have grandchildren!! :hide:

·
Super Moderator
29,527 Posts
just so you know, as of several months ago the MTF supporter purchase thru paypal is NO LONGER considered an autorenewing subscription. So if you opted out of the auto renew previously, or have not been a supporter before then using paypal will not charge you again in a year.

·
Super Moderator
29,527 Posts
it goes to Canada, so who knows how long it will take. I'll get an admin to temporarily bump you back to sponsor until it clears.

Not to turn this OT but the last few months mail going across town here takes 5 business days. Seriously one of our customers is next to the downtown PO and mailed us several things at different times during the month. each one took at least a week to reach us, next door the other PO in town! it leaves here and goes 150 miles away for sorting, then comes back to us. all that to go 3 miles from one PO to the other!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How can one check to see when membership runs out ?
Click on "User CP" and then scroll down to "Paid Subscriptions" toward the bottom left side of your screen. Click on that and it will take you right to a page that shows your subscription start and end dates.

I guess there are several people who aren't aware of that :dunno:

·
16,321 Posts
How can one check to see when membership runs out ?

Kevin--just because you are taking a little break from work--don't think that we MTFers' will let you slide away--No sir ee!!!

:thThumbsU

glenn

·
Collector of many tractors
15,248 Posts
Thanks...
I was there a few time but seen no dates...
I went back again and it took me awhile to spot the dates.
I found it at the top of the page..
Thanks again...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts