My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the JD dealer Saturday looking at gas containers and buying oil/filter.

on my way out there was a new x700 something, with a 54" deck. not sure of the model because i wasnt interested in buying, but it had a gasoline V-twin, hydraulics, probably the base model but the posted price was under $8400.00!
thats a bit more than i paid for my x540! crazy low price no? honestly though i feel i made the right price because its just too much for my needs, i wouldnt have been able to fit it into my shed width wise.
it must have been a leftover that they were trying to move maybe?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe it is old stock or a low hour trade? Was it a 700, if so then it is last year's model or older. the new low end of that line is the X710, which starts at 9999.00.
thnats probably what it was, i was going to ask the sales guy but he was closing a deal and i had other things to do.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
They could also be trying to get rid of the pre2013 models?? Mine was a 2010 leftover x740 (used as a showroom model) less than 1/2 hour on the clock. Sold to me last march for 7500.00 with 54" MMM.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Probably not a bad price, but not insanely cheap either. X740 with 60" 7 iron at $9500 is a decent price too.

There's a $1000 program running now and I'd be quite certain that this was already factored in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I used to think this would have been a great price. But at various auctions I attended, they routinely sold X720 that are less than two years old, ranging from 30 -100 hours, all pristine without a single scratch, priced at 6200-6300 each. If you look around, you can get the older X7 cheap.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
There are a lot of x700's that come for sale that are lease returns that kind drive the price down a bit. I don't see many used x540's at least in up here.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Junior weed whacker
198 Posts
Local Deere dealer has two X720s with less than 200 hours on them, said to be units that Deere used around their facilities not mowing, just towing and hauling stuff.

$6100.00 takes either, no mow deck. Full warranties too.

I thought that was a decent deal but maybe not...
:dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts