My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came on this ad on Ebay and couldn't believe the price but took a chance and ordered them. Was going to let everyone know but the ad has been pulled. They had 6 in stock and I should have ordered all of them. You can't buy the steel let alone ship for that price.

I don't have a FEL but plan on modifing them to go on my 54 blade. Will post some pics when I get it done
forks 001.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,141 Posts
Gary let us know what you get, when I ordered them from Titan that was only the stabilizer bar price. The forks were $179.00 IIRC. Looks like someone put up an incorrect advertisement!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Well you can't even see the completed listing, it's likely it was pulled by eBay because they discovered it was a scam. Similar Chinese clamp on forks are going for $100 on there right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary let us know what you get, when I ordered them from Titan that was only the stabilizer bar price. The forks were $179.00 IIRC. Looks like someone put up an incorrect advertisement!
I agree, but the pictures and the discription had the forks and stabilizer bar. If not I will just request a refund. Not supposed to get here until the 26th so will let you know.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well you can't even see the completed listing, it's likely it was pulled by eBay because they discovered it was a scam. Similar Chinese clamp on forks are going for $100 on there right now.

If it is a scam I know Ebay will give me a refund. In the Ad it said they being shipped from Iowa but when I looked at the seller he was in Poland so may be a scam. Will find out in a week or two.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If it is a scam I know Ebay will give me a refund. In the Ad it said they being shipped from Iowa but when I looked at the seller he was in Poland so may be a scam. Will find out in a week or two.
It may take a maximum of 90 days to get a refund via PayPal dispute process, especially if they've given you a (real or fake) tracking number.

·
Super Moderator
37,141 Posts
BTW I got my forks from Titan for $139.00 so I had the wrong price above.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It may take a maximum of 90 days to get a refund via PayPal dispute process, especially if they've given you a (real or fake) tracking number.

That is something as they didn't give me a tracking number. Oh well, we will see. It's only $40 so I can wait. In the past I have gotten refunds on orders that didn't show up and get them a month later. Have contacted sellers and they have said just keep it.

·
Professional Homeowner
8,042 Posts
I think mine were about $129 without the bar, but that was like 7 years ago. I’ve abused them pretty bad and it shows. One’s bent. The other one I had to cut the set bolt out and replace it. They kept loosening up and falling off so I welded two V shaped “nests” for the set bolts about 36” apart in the bucket so they CAN’T come out. I also had to weld the scraper edge back on my bucket. I have to say I’ve used them more than I ever thought I would.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I was looking at a 3PH. There was a listing for one that was $100-200 cheaper than normal. It said it was the same as the Ruegg ones, but it was from a seller with zero reviews. So I waited and watched. I saw one sell and then I saw the listing gone. I am pretty sure it was a scam. Was not worth the hassle to buy and find out the hard/expensive way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was looking at a 3PH. There was a listing for one that was $100-200 cheaper than normal. It said it was the same as the Ruegg ones, but it was from a seller with zero reviews. So I waited and watched. I saw one sell and then I saw the listing gone. I am pretty sure it was a scam. Was not worth the hassle to buy and find out the hard/expensive way.
Will keep you all posted. Will see if it was a scam or if it was priced wrong and they will stand by it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought set off EBay with stabilizer 1500 lb rating $93 shipped to my door. Put them on the NewHolland T1110 work good so far realizing only one bolt secured each fork to my bucket and not a full fork on a skid steer

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I recently bought set off EBay with stabilizer 1500 lb rating $93 shipped to my door. Put them on the NewHolland T1110 work good so far realizing only one bolt secured each fork to my bucket and not a full fork on a skid steer

I saw those also and will go with them if I don't get the cheap ones. What seller did you get them from

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased from technology-etrade. Over 10k transactions 97% feedback. I’m happy with it moved my 265lb mower deck with ease

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Those look pretty reasonable. I have the old Paynes Forks version. I think they are no longer in business. These worked well, but it is really hard to see them. They did prove to me the value of forks, so I ended up spending a LOT more to get some QA forks and a QA system for my loader to bucket connection, and a QA grapple. So, I consider these things to be the "gateway" to a much more expensive habit, that is really hard to quit. So, don't buy the clamp-on forks if you don't want to end up on the same path ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Purchased from technology-etrade. Over 10k transactions 97% feedback. I’m happy with it moved my 265lb mower deck with ease

Thanks, I did see that seller and will go with them if the "cheap deal" fall thro.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Knew it was it wasn' right so Ebay gave me a refund. When ahead and ordered a China set for $100. Will see what I can make of them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts