·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
I’d be suspect of that,lead in add I think,if it was a buck it’s gone

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I has been up for a month at I think 3200. He just relisted last night and says he just wants to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,042 Posts
Going from $3200 to $100 is pretty drastic. I would be very skeptical. Scammers use legitimate ads and pictures with ridiculously low prices and their own contact info.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Email him, tell him you have cash. See what happens. For those types of ads, if I get a response at all, it is usually quite obviously a scam...... (offering to ship it to you after payment, etc.)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Email him, tell him you have cash. See what happens. For those types of ads, if I get a response at all, it is usually quite obviously a scam...... (offering to ship it to you after payment, etc.)
yep...working abroad on a ship and can't come to pick it up...fricking scammers!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The ad had the same phone number listed in the description and on the sign located on the seat. Probably not a scam. I doubt he was coming down from $3200 to $100, but anything is possible (I've seen better deals than that).

If it was a scam, then they are getting much better in 2021 :oops:

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Is Forrest on his way? He's only about 5 miles from there. If I hadn't downsized my collection it would probably be in my yard.

Reactions: FTWingRiders

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he must have made a mistake on the listing. It’s back up at $2500 now. Still a cool tractor, but not worth being in the dog house over for weeks.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
He didn't make a mistake. He just listed at $100 thinking he could talk to people about the actual price he wanted. I'm 100% sure that plan backfired and he got bombarded with $100 offers. And maybe a few $50 offers :LOL:

·
Registered
169 Posts
He didn't make a mistake. He just listed at $100 thinking he could talk to people about the actual price he wanted. I'm 100% sure that plan backfired and he got bombarded with $100 offers. And maybe a few $50 offers :LOL:
Were you a nice guy and offered the $75 or did you go full on at $100? ;)

I was wondering if it was one of those ads that has a low price to draw you in. Ask a reasonable price, have a decent product and it will sell. If it's been up for this long there must be a reason - maybe as simple as the wrong season? Not saying it's a bad machine - i think it likely has a 60" deck that someone put a tape measure on! Around here it'd bring at least 2K depending on where and when it's for sale. I've seen things sell way higher when everyone gets their tax refunds around here.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Were you a nice guy and offered the $75 or did you go full on at $100? ;)

I was wondering if it was one of those ads that has a low price to draw you in. Ask a reasonable price, have a decent product and it will sell. If it's been up for this long there must be a reason - maybe as simple as the wrong season? Not saying it's a bad machine - i think it likely has a 60" deck that someone put a tape measure on! Around here it'd bring at least 2K depending on where and when it's for sale. I've seen things sell way higher when everyone gets their tax refunds around here.
Lol, nah I didn't send an offer. I had been looking for a 420, but I've acquired a Cub 3240 with foot controls and all hydraulic operation so I have passed on a lot of good deals that I've seen lately. I don't want to be a hoarder :)

I'd say $2,000-2,500 is fair market pricing for that machine if it has been maintained. Maybe higher in the spring time. The revised ad says $2,800obo. The 60" deck is nice for someone with a large field to cut, not very nice for the average smaller yard in New England that has obstacles or sharp hills/ditches. And most people know the single stage blowers just don't perform as well as a dual stage. There is a giant dual stage that mounts up to the 400 series. If we stick solely with John Deere, $3,200 could buy a lot newer machine with better accessories in the used market.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi B440, I see from your profile that you are in Thompson. I’m in Sturbridge. It takes me 35 minutes to get to the track. I think that makes you the closest forum member that I have discovered.
-Eli

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hi B440, I see from your profile that you are in Thompson. I’m in Sturbridge. It takes me 35 minutes to get to the track. I think that makes you the closest forum member that I have discovered.
-Eli

If you have been to the track swap meets, You've probably walked past or spoken to me while I was selling :)

I occasionally drive through Sturbridge to get to movie theaters on Rte 20. I bet there are other members just as close. Not too many put specific info in their location.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you drive over Fiske Hill to Rt 20 you will likely see my old White Ford Dually on the left going up the hill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts