My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Any problems that I dont know of putting a 16 hp K341AQS in place of a K241AS?

I know both frames are basicly the same, but I mean things like the mounting plates, bolt holes in the frame etc... The reason I am asking is I have a way to get a complete K341 out of a JD 216 and it looks to be in good shape.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
The JD engine will probably have a 1" crank, WH use a 1 1/8" so you will need a diff. drive pulley and PTO sleeve, now if you have a 8 speed tractor those parts will not be a issue fairly easy to find off a 8hp engine or some tucky powered WH's now if you have a hydro the drive pulley is very hard to find, a few other things to look at, dip stick location, the throttle set up, but you should be able to swap the 10hp stuff over, some JDs use a diff. carb set up and the 10 carb will not work, you will have to swap oil pans, it can be done but some things will have to be addressed.

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
What does the AQS stand for???

Merrie​
Merrie​

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Merrie!

I think you asked this a while back but I dont know if someone answered you or not. "A" is special oil pan, "Q" means quet model (?) and the "S" means electric start. I included a partial pic of the page from Kohler manual. :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The JD engine will probably have a 1" crank, WH use a 1 1/8" so you will need a diff. drive pulley and PTO sleeve, now if you have a 8 speed tractor those parts will not be a issue fairly easy to find off a 8hp engine or some tucky powered WH's now if you have a hydro the drive pulley is very hard to find, a few other things to look at, dip stick location, the throttle set up, but you should be able to swap the 10hp stuff over, some JDs use a diff. carb set up and the 10 carb will not work, you will have to swap oil pans, it can be done but some things will have to be addressed.
Thanks Kelly.
This is the complete engine with carb, pulleys etc.... I can probably get the rest of the frame, seat and broken plastic for the same price as the engine. It would be going onto a C-101 with 10hp and 8 speed, so I guess the set up shouldnt be impossible, just time consuming.

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
Hi Merrie!

I think you asked this a while back but I dont know if someone answered you or not. "A" is special oil pan, "Q" means quet model (?) and the "S" means electric start. I included a partial pic of the page from Kohler manual. :thThumbsU
Thanks Pocketraisins, I believe that you're right.... I remembering asking it
now.

I forgot that I have the engine break down code page....

Merrie​
Merrie​

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
, you will have to swap oil pans, it can be done but some things will have to be addressed.
What oil pan does it have? If it is the cub cadet style without the mounting ears, the whole block is different.

As for the 1" crank, it's pretty easy to make a tube to slip over it.

AQS? I always thought it was American Quarter Horse Society:dunno:!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Pocketraisins, I believe that you're right.... I remembering asking it
now.

I forgot that I have the engine break down code page....

Merrie​
Merrie​
No worries Merrie! Im just glad I actually had a correct answer for once and know my memory isnt totally failing, lol!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What oil pan does it have? If it is the cub cadet style without the mounting ears, the whole block is different.

As for the 1" crank, it's pretty easy to make a tube to slip over it.

AQS? I always thought it was American Quarter Horse Society:dunno:!
Im not really sure. I couldnt get to the "wreck" all the way around to see specifics other than the tag that read K341AQS, 16HP and it had the full carbureator other than the air cleaner.

From the little I was able to see, it did look like the engine set rather low into the frame on the 216. Almost like the car frames that are bent down for a cradle where the motor sits to allow for hood room. It looked HUGE in that little Deere.

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
The later WHs used the other style of pan/engine when they began using rubber motor mounts. I I have one in a '68 Charger but I had to do a lot of work to make mounts for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts