My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why did you change the lay out that we had was a lot easer to find things not impressed with the new system .Use to spend lot time going through diferent items now I get turned off and losing intrest with it.
Any one else have some thing tsay about it????

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Right here Bernard.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
New and improved.................

·
2,827 Posts
why did you change the lay out that we had was a lot easer to find things not impressed with the new system .Use to spend lot time going through diferent items now I get turned off and losing intrest with it.
Bernard ...it actually "happened" one month ago today...it took a little getting used to at first.....but it had to be done...the old forum was based on obsolete software that could not support itself...simpe as that...either change...or crash....give it a chance, and if you have any questions....feel free to ask questions...someone will be able to guide you through the learning curve

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I don't like change. I was all prepared to not like the new website format but to tell the truth it took all of about 15-mins and I was back responding, posting and including photos just like old times. Yes, some things have moved and it looks a little different but give it a chance. It definitely works better than the old site. In addition, I normally use a PC and it used to be horrible to use something like an iPad. I tried using Tapatalk but hated it. Now you can use the iPad with the website directly. Even including photos is easy.

There are so many little things that works better now compared to the old site that I can't even list them all.

Each time I access the site I simply hit the "NEW" bubble at the top of the page and start reading through the new posts.

Give it a chance, I think you will like it.

·
Premium Member
9,304 Posts
It was frustrating at first but this is better once you get used it, if for nothing else than the way it handles photos.

·
Registered
368 Posts

“Shrek” prepared his trustworthy sidekick, Donkey, for what’s ahead -- “ Change is Good, Donkey” Shrek says.👍👍😁

·
10,359 Posts
The new format has 94.6 % satisfaction rating currently. Everything is still here, except two of Tyson’s tractors got lost in the move. Last check, they were in Tijuana.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If 94.6 approve, I'm in the 5.4 that don't !
This is a screen shot of what my page looks like

Attachments

·
2,827 Posts
Sofiscated Redneck....that problem was discovered early on and seems to be because of the browser and / or OS that you are using....are you using a Windows prior to Windows 8?...can you try using FireFox?.....I reluctantly switched to it and it made my computer act better overall...please try that or another such as Chrome or Safari and get back to us....someone will be here to help you...if you need help downloading FireFox, or using it, just let us know

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm at work on a unit still running
Windows 7 ......
This is going to stink till I get a upgrade
:oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Maybe that is part of your problem, your at WORK surfing tractor sites, sorry couldn’t resist.😁😁

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, Windows 7 was the problem. I just opened it in Chrome and it looks and works normal. Thanks all !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe that is part of your problem, your at WORK surfing tractor sites, sorry couldn’t resist.😁😁
Maybe ???? Upper management gets all the latest and greatest while us grunts have to surf the net on the prehistoric equipment ;)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I can understand how that looked so messed up on IE. I was up at my inlaws and my FIL had some pages open. I tried to search and it was so slow I thought he was using a 20 year old PC. Nope IE.

FF with an ad blocker works great for me.

·
Larry Garmon
326 Posts
The new format has 94.6 % satisfaction rating currently. Everything is still here, except two of Tyson’s tractors got lost in the move. Last check, they were in Tijuana.
Sorry, but I am not part of that 94.6%. And by the way, I don't recall being polled.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,438 Posts
Sorry, but I am not part of that 94.6%. And by the way, I don't recall being polled.
They collect that info on every click, page you view, time on page, any responses entered. So many "big brothers" are watching and listening to your right now.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts