My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having all the same problems with the 48 deck on my new GTH26V48LS and just wondering if a 48 deck from a new YTH23V48 would fit on my tractor? Thanks for all your help..:banghead3

·
Banned
777 Posts
I think if I'd had the same amount of problems you've had with a new tractor, I'd be returning it to the dealer and getting my money back. I certainly wouldn't be thinking about buying another deck, or beating my head against the wall in frustration. Tell your dealer that he either makes it right, or you want a full refund.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I second that...take it back...plus the other machine's decks are not fabricated....so they really suck......make your dealer earn his money

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I would definitely take it back where I bought it and give them the low down on it and ask what the problem is !

And if they want to play the we don't know ? or the it works fine for us game I would say show me or refund my money.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would echo the same advice as those who have posted before me. One of the advantages of the LS series is supposed to be the fabricated deck. The dealer should be trying to make you happy, or they should refund your money. You shouldn't have to pay out of pocket for another deck to get the cut quality that you deserve, especially one that is supposedly of lesser quality. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I second that...take it back...plus the other machine's decks are not fabricated....so they really suck......make your dealer earn his money
Why is a fabricated deck so much better than the older stamped type? Have the stamped decks been prone to early failure, rust or falling apart? I'm new to Husqvarna's (2754GLS in 2009), but I have a 30 year old Ariens GT16 that has a stamped deck mower and other the the skids being bent, is in good condition. And I haven't been gentle with it either. I'm just not sure why it makes sense to design a deck that would far outlast the tractor it's mated to. I guess I'm not expecting to get 30 years out of the Husky tractor.

As far as the problem Lawn Nut is having, if the dealer can't provide satisfaction, find out who is next up the food chain (District sales rep or similiar) and be sure to document who and when you talked to someone.

·
Banned
777 Posts
I wouldn't say stamped decks suck...but one of the reasons for buying the LS series Husky is the fabricated deck...I have a stamped deck on my Dixon (same as a Husky deck) and I'm perfectly happy with the quality of cut.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't think that there is anything wrong with the stamped decks per se. The fabricated decks are just built tougher. Having removed my deck twice this past week, I can say that it is built like a tank. Isn't the fabricated deck the principle feature on the LS? If so, then why step back when he has already paid for an upgrade? In general terms though, the stamped decks are fine. I have a neighbor who has a 2042LS (I believe). His property looks as good as mine does in terms of cut quality. It would be a shame to forgo the benefits of the upgraded deck because the dealer can't fix the problem, that's all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you sure the dealer even did anything? Some dealers will look at it and say they did something but never tough the machine because they think the problem is minor and the owner is crazy! I have no problems with my bagger or extra weight on the gth 26v48! Without looking at your deck and tractor I am wondering if the deck is adjusted the whole way up and when you stick the bagger head on you do not have enough threads to raise it anymore? Another thing I noticed is tire pressure. Are they all the same. Even though they look even they may be a couple pounds off and that will throw your levelness off too!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went through another belt again in 5 hours,and mower deck still cutting on angle when blower unit is on ,if not on and just discharging it works perfect.Had about all i can take going to trade it in on the new YTH22V46XLS with the conventional bagger,no more powerflow thank goodness.Just wondering how good of a cut do you get with a 2 blade deck and do the blades still overlap. THANKS ALOT.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Don't know what to tell ya, Good luck with the new mower.

No longer than you've have I hope they give you a full refund.

I am surprised you're gonna get another Husqvarna after hearing you talk about this one.

How much does a powerflow weigh?
How much weight is on that side?

·
Banned
777 Posts
Went through another belt again in 5 hours,and mower deck still cutting on angle when blower unit is on ,if not on and just discharging it works perfect.Had about all i can take going to trade it in on the new YTH22V46XLS with the conventional bagger,no more powerflow thank goodness.Just wondering how good of a cut do you get with a 2 blade deck and do the blades still overlap. THANKS ALOT.
I hope you're not going back to the same dealer that's been jerking you around. Maybe you should consider having them directly replacing your present mower with an identical one. It could be some oddball thing wrong with your first one that won't let it cut level with the bagger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts