My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know whether to put this in computer or here. I got a series of photos by email of our Great, Great, Grandson. They say IMG --png. I think from past experience that they have to be in jpeg format to print on the do it yourself printers at Walmart. I can not find how or if I can change them. Thanks for any advice.
Walt Conner

·
Super Moderator
28,824 Posts
Walt, a couple of ways to do it, open it in paint and the do a "Save As" the .jpg format. Same thing can be done in PowerPoint by dropping it into a "slide" and then when saving it select the format you want to save the slide in.

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the trouble folks. I had already downloaded the pictures to a flash drive before noticing the format. I also had some jpeg on it and since I was going to Walmart decided I would print those at least. Turned out all printed OK. A few months ago I had some that would not print and the attendant in the photo area told me they needed to be in jpeg. Don't know if they updated their software or perhaps those picts were something different than jpeg or png.

I am going to download the converter anyway. Nobody commented about us having Great, Great Grandson,18 months.
Thanks for the help,
Walt Conner

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Double check if Walmart needs them to be converted from png to jpeg. png has been around for a decent length of time, and their kiosks probably can handle it.

Every conversion reduces the image quality a little (or a lot, if you don't use the right settings).

Maybe have two folders on your usb key/drive to take to walmart, one with the original photos, and one with the photos converted to jpeg.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Sorry for the trouble folks. I had already downloaded the pictures to a flash drive before noticing the format. I also had some jpeg on it and since I was going to Walmart decided I would print those at least. Turned out all printed OK. A few months ago I had some that would not print and the attendant in the photo area told me they needed to be in jpeg. Don't know if they updated their software or perhaps those picts were something different than jpeg or png.

I am going to download the converter anyway. Nobody commented about us having Great, Great Grandson,18 months.
Thanks for the help,
Walt Conner
Congrats on the great great Walt. Great grandson is going to be 5 this year. It will be a few years before any great greats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts