My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,562 Posts
There Just Matching the 2021 XT2 color scheme figured they would! Personally never have liked any of the XT Enduro series color schemes. I Just have gotten around to changing my hood On My XT3 to White from the After 2011 2000 series tractor Probably finally do that over this up coming winter . But I bet Stanley loves the color scheme. Though they actually had nothing to do with it's choice. (y)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I don't like it. Not like past designs that made mowers look like they were made for work, not to scare the neighbor's kids. I am not crazy about the look of my XT3 but it does the job.

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
I'd bet the age of new LT and GT buyers is towards the younger and first time buyer side. MTD (now Stanley) is trying to grab the eye of the younger generation.

It's flashy for sure but I think the looks needed a shake up. I had no problem with the XT1/2's first generation look. I do feel like the LT1018 below was an all time low for Cub looks and probably a reason for the yellow hood 1st gen XT 1&2.

I do not like the new rounded hoods when they are beige. I think the new XT hood is bold enough to be beige and look good. Reminds me of a 1200.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Riding mower Mower Automotive tire

·
Registered
454 Posts
Around here in Western NY, it seems like every other pick up truck is the Ram 1500 with gray body and black wheels and trim (I also never see Rams ever around here used to "work" or even using the bed) and this seems to be geared toward that group of homeowners. This is the new thing for young people and Cub is hopping aboard. I think they look better in person than pictures, but still looks ugly. I think the overall body design of the past few years is an improvement over early 2000 Cubs.

·
makin noise!
376 Posts
Let's face it guys, we can't be the one's buying new tractors forever. They have to appeal to the next generation, and most people don't want to buy something new that looks old. Everyone that wants to sell their products has to keep up with the trends.

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
Let's face it guys, we can't be the one's buying new tractors forever. They have to appeal to the next generation, and most people don't want to buy something new that looks old. Everyone that wants to sell their products has to keep up with the trends.
In my case I didn't have any GT background or history. Family never had a riding mower at all. I started looking for a GT to handle my property, found out about the XT3 and bought one. Then started geeking out on Cub Cadet and bought 2 older GTs.

I see this excitement on the Cub XT Facebook page when a new buyer gets his first GT. It is the future of the hobby spurred by the flashy looks catching the first time buyer's eye.

Reactions: country fried

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
And I'm sure the cycle has repeated over time :) When, I dunno, things went from cast-iron engines, to just iron-sleeved cylinders in aluminum. When they changed from gears to hydrostatic transmissions. When the engines changed from flatheads to OHV. When 2-range transmissions went away. When everything gradually got lighter and thinner.

Admittedly, some of those I am bummed about (not having a high/low range, and frames not being as tough as they used to be). But most of it is inevitable. Things will never be as good as the "good old days". Bluetooth on a tractor may seem unnecessary to me. But people probably said the same of adjustable seats or whatever, too.

I guess all we can do is vote with our wallets. To modify an expression, "buy the change you want to see in the world" :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts