My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about ten days I'm going to be given a tour of the factory where this oil is made -- or at least blended and bottled -- I think the ingredients come from refineries in Oklahoma. Anyone have any suggestions about what I should ask an oil engineer about 2-cycle oil?

"Champion Brands 2-Cycle Power Equipment Oil is our premium quality, ashless motor oil for use in two cycle air cooled engines. This dual purpose oil meets, and exceeds, API, JASO, ISO & TISI two cycle lubricant specifications found in all non-marine applications. It also comes equipped with a strong fuel stabilizer keeping gas fresh allowing you to store seasonal equipment without worry of potential deposit formation due to soured gas."

Attachments

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Surprised meeting all of those ratings, it's not suitable for use in marine apps calling for TCW-3. Get all the info they're willing to share like refining processes and additive packages. You're getting the best of both worlds using a semi-syn blend, mainly off season rust protection due to the dino base stocks used. It's always nice to use an oil with a good fuel stabilizer too without having to add your own for protection. Seems to be a quality product. Have fun with the tour!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
hmm no marine use?
wonder if they have a special formula just for that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts