Have Dog - Will Travel
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though a very important topic, I offer this bit of humor to lighten your day:

Reactions: Dan2cyldsel!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I worked with chainsaws for decades without any PPE and have a few small scars to show for it. The first job where chaps were required, I had a mishap that cut through 3 layers of Kevlar on my thigh. Three layers was the minimum requirement. My chaps had five layers.

The first job that mandated a chain brake, I put it to the test when the saw kicked back and almost took off my nose. All I can say is good thing for safety mandates!

·
Professional Homeowner
7,845 Posts
I like “CAUTION - not only will this machine kill you, but it will hurt the entire time you’re dying.”

I wear chaps ever since the day after a saw with a nice sharp chain kicked back and bit my leg while cutting a stump. In hindsight I was pretty fortunate that my injury wasn’t worse than what it was.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can never be too safe when running a chain saw. I never have a problem (not to say never have) until I take the protective devise off, then it happens usually because I am too hot or uncomfortable. I run a chain saw by myself most of the time and many say that is pushing your luck. I even would not let my dog tag along for fear of him being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts