My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Craftsman 16" 32cc in for repairs and Sears can't seem to help so I thought I would come to the pros. The label is missing so I don't have the 383.xxxxx number. All parts have a 530-xxxxxx number, which dont lead me anywhere. i need to come up with the IPL's to know what I need to get this thing fixed. As you can see in the pics, its red, and on the chain adjuster there is no thumb wheel like on their current models, just the big wheel to loosen the bar nut and a lever that moving down (counter clockwise) goes to a "Install" label, moving the lever up (clockwise) goes to a picture of the chain. Any information would really be appreciated!! Thanks guys...Todd

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://community.craftsman.com/Craftsman-36cc-16-in-Gas-Chain-Saw--2074-reviews?tab=details

BTW it is more than 10 years old and even with the model number a parts list would not be on the sears website....I guess this saw has out lived its life expectancy.
Thanks, that one is close but not the right one. It has the adjustment screw, not the lever like the one I have. Even if Sears doesn't have the drawings, with the correct 383. number one of my distributors will have it.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Homelite,I can't think of the model off hand,I have one but it's not here right now to check it.I'll see if I can come up with it,off hand I want to say it's something like 3100 or Z3100.
Allegedly most saws for Sears were made by poulan, but if you got a Homelite that looks like it I'll sure go through the drawings, who knows whats up with this thing. Thats what I hate about sears stuff is half the time their part numbers are wrong, especially when it comes to belts. Just when ever you get a chance, any info would be helpful. Thanks a million....Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts