My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad, who is in failing health, just gave me his 67 Bolens 1250 with the original Wisconsin S-12D (crankshaft resurfaced) , Bolens snowcaster and 48" mower. This mower deck has been rebuilt, sandblasted, and repainted. A real thing of beauty! The single stage snowcaster has handled everything a Michigan winter can throw at it.

I short, I love this Bolens. I didn't really realize what my dad had given me until I had to keep repairing my MTD throw-away. MTD is now my back-up. I sleep better knowing that if I take good care of this Bolens, I'll never need another tractor again. I have 5 acres of up and down to mow with lots of dead-heads (glacier rocks). This 43 year old Bolens is a real beast. Sometimes, a little more hp on the uphills would be nice and I've shaken a few bolts loose that I've replaced and retightened. But I now realize what a treasure this treadle-foot hydrostatic is. I feel like I just got a new girlfriend (don't tell momma!)

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Daniel, good to have you with us and nice to hear good things on the Bolens, I am however sorry to hear about your father, he has given you a machine that you will have to work and cherish for years to come.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
:Welcome1:

Those tractors really are built to last 100 years. Just don't start looking around to buy more, you will never, ever stop. (speaking from experience, and I feel like I'm just starting on my collection compared to some members on here...)

:wwp: of your tractor!

Jason

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome Daniel, Good to see another new member and you will really like it here at mtf. You can get all the information you need from the guys on this forum so if you have any questions ask away.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome Daniel, sorry to hear your Dad, but he gave you a great gift, just make sure you hand it down to your children some time.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
A wonderful gift indeed. Your Dad must think a lot of you to put his beloved Bolens in your care. Yes, the 1250's can seem a little underpowered, but they will last forever with good care. And when the engine does finally need work to keep the tractor going, you could replace the S12D with an S14D Wisconsin, and most folks would never be the wiser.

·
5,523 Posts
:Welcome1:

Those tractors really are built to last 100 years. Just don't start looking around to buy more, you will never, ever stop. (speaking from experience, and I feel like I'm just starting on my collection compared to some members on here...)

:wwp: of your tractor!

Jason
I know what your talking about.

Welcome nice to see another large frame guy.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Welcome to our forum. It is nice to have another Bolens person on here. Sorry to hear about your Dad. You need to post us a few pictures of that beautiful tractor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts