My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cement mixer (an old one, currently driven with an electric motor through a v-belt) and a Cub Cadet 123 with a belt PTO on the rear.

It occurs to me that I could probably figure out a way to get the two together, but am not sure the best way to proceed.

Has anyone done this before? Pics?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I have not done something like that before but it sounds very doable and handy.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Sounds very doable to me also! Great idea!:fing32:

·
10,839 Posts
Depending on your age, cement mixer + garden tractor = excessive residential curbing.

:sorry1::hide::biglaugh::eek:mg::hide::tsk:

·
Registered
301 Posts
ironically i posted in the attachment wishes thread about a cement mixer attachment for a tractor, what you have sounds very doable, post some pictures when you start and finish, would you be using a 3pt to dump also?

·
MTF Member
425 Posts
Grant C
I think if the mixing drum is only powered by the cubs rear PTO belt and not supported by it also, it should work fine.
The mixing drum could sit in its own frame on wheels and only be connected to the GT by the belt and a simple way of maintaining belt tension by connecting the drum frame to the rear hitch plate of the tractor.
The belt PTO on the rear could power other attachments also, a hyd pump, water pump, generator, etc. The rear hitch plate could become a quick connect platform for anything you want. :fing32:
Attachments are good therapy.
DMAC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts