My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
The non threaded holes will need to be step bored on the bottom side just enough to use allen head bolts to mount the adapter to the newer carbs and be able to clear the CCK/CCKA manifold.
Another option would be to countersink the holes and use flat head SHCS.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Would my description of how my 816 Onan is running maybe be a result of float failure?

Ran great for 3 months after I bought it then started running horribly. I would be moving forward and then back up and it would start blowing black smoke....from there all down hill huge miss under load pit sputter almost stop then keep going....it finally stopped altogether one day. Runs okay when idle but as soon as I put it under a load it stops.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
It certainly sounds like float problems but it could be a needle and seat/dirt issue. I would try cleaning the bowl and needle and seat and try that. That sort of fix costs nothing but a little time and possibly a gasket.

Watch for fuel breakdown too. If the fuel is turning yellow, get rid of it and flush the system.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cleaned everything still have same issue.....spent most of the summer trying to work on the the carb at different times, just doesn't seem to do any good. The mystery is the reverse/forward blows black smoke. Never had any gravely do that. Honestly my 8163 B and 814 Kohler run great no issues....wondering if this Onan thing is not what everyone thinks it's cracked up to be.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts