My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCC announced it will be closing it's Brownsville, Tennessee plant in July. Production there will be moved to other MTD facilities.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Oh ****! That will KILL that town. It's only 30 miles away. They do have other industry but that is a big one for them. It's already a depressed community.
I had an office there up until a couple of years ago. The landlord wanted waaaaaaaaaaay too much for rent. I tried to negotiate and they almost laughed at me. I can't see them not wanting a professional business in their space. Oh well.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I guess if I picked up my local paper(which has like most papers today become agenda-laden and the reason I don't read it any longer) I'd know about this.

I guess they will move some work to Martin, Tn which is about 60 miles away.

I'd be willing to make wager why they chose Martin over Brownsville but it would 'start something', so I won't go there. Aw what the heck.........Since I have experience with that town I will say it. The people of that town tend to be "what have YOU done for ME lately" types and I'd bet they tired of that attitude.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The product made in that plant wasn't really high volume stuff... it wasn't like they were making the 1000 series there. From what I have heard, they just made the utility vehicles, 2000, 3000, RZT, and i series there. That sounds like quite a bit to move to other plants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts