1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Great to have another XT3 owner on here. Looks like you're getting it set up to do anything you need. Got any plans for the JB when you get it?
Right now, I'm struggling with delivery over the holidays (5 days of promised UPS deliveries missed), but excited to get the JB setup for plowing, tan bark in the spring and also getting a foundation laid for a new 12x20 shed in the spring to hold all of these new toys.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Right now, I'm struggling with delivery over the holidays (5 days of promised UPS deliveries missed), but excited to get the JB setup for plowing, tan bark in the spring and also getting a foundation laid for a new 12x20 shed in the spring to hold all of these new toys.
You gonna buy a sleeve hitch too? Box blade is nice for leveling dirt.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Congrats factoryguy
Glad to see another XT3GSX owner on here. Watch out for Steve he will have your wallet empty quick. LOL
Yesturday I gave mine a bath and a coat of Armorall. She's ready to go again. In 14 months I'm at 179 hrs on the ticker. I'm still liking mine and using it at least 3 times a week year round. That cab of yours looks nice!
To hot here in East Texas for one of those, yesterday it was 79 degrees here.
Looking good FACTORYGUY!!!

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Congrats factoryguy
Glad to see another XT3GSX owner on here. Watch out for Steve he will have your wallet empty quick. LOL
Yesturday I gave mine a bath and a coat of Armorall. She's ready to go again. In 14 months I'm at 179 hrs on the ticker. I'm still liking mine and using it at least 3 times a week year round. That cab of yours looks nice!
To hot here in East Texas for one of those, yesterday it was 79 degrees here.
Looking good FACTORYGUY!!!
Good to see ya on here Don.

2,281 Posts
Factoryguy, Welcome to the Forum. That's a nice machine you have. Looks like you have a lot of leaves to grind up. Those oak trees like to keep their leaves glued to their branches all winter long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Yes, lots and lots of leaves. I live on the corner of an old farm, so big hardwoods on two sides. The stronger engine and fab deck do great job mulching everything up to feed the microherd.

·
Super Moderator
15,427 Posts
So You don't like the OEM front Dozer Blade ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So You don't like the OEM front Dozer Blade ?
Good eye! Live and learn... I wanted the bucket for yard work, especially spreading mulch, and realized that switching between the OEM blade and the JB would be a headache. Also, found out in the Fall that I couldn't mount the deck (for mulching leaves) and OEM blade at the same time. The JB seems to solve both of these issues.

·
Super Moderator
15,427 Posts
Good eye! Live and learn... I wanted the bucket for yard work, especially spreading mulch, and realized that switching between the OEM blade and the JB would be a headache. Also, found out in the Fall that I couldn't mount the deck (for mulching leaves) and OEM blade at the same time. The JB seems to solve both of these issues.
I Bought the Blade Haven't used it. I just Have this thing were all My Garden tractors Have Hitch either sleeve Or 3 point & Have a Dozer Blade I have 3 Loader Tractors so Don't Need a JB. Though some day I Might Get a JBJr with several different Sub Frames so I Can use it On all My Garden tractors That don't Have a Loader. But I Hope you Plan on removing the deck when You do snow removal. Otherwise You will eventually rust up that deck a Lot quicker then You would Mowing (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But I Hope you Plan on removing the deck when You do snow removal. Otherwise You will eventually rust up that deck a Lot quicker then You would Mowing (y)
Absolutely plan to remove the deck to plow. The key is the fall when I need to mulch leaves, but want the bucket or plow too.

·
Super Moderator
15,427 Posts
Absolutely plan to remove the deck to plow. The key is the fall when I need to mulch leaves, but want the bucket or plow too.
Hang around here enough You end Up with a second Machine if Not More Steve Urquell is prime example of that Had a XT3GSE first then Had to Get a used Cub Cadet 3000 series :)

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Hang around here enough You end Up with a second Machine if Not More Steve Urquell is prime example of that Had a XT3GSE first then Had to Get a used Cub Cadet 3000 series :)
Oh yeah. I really wanted to have hydraulic expansion and it was fatiguing going back and forth with the XT3 with tractor to mower duties.

I was also worried about overtaxing the hydro and accelerating wear on the XT3 when I MUST have a reliable mower with 2.5 acres to mow. It's sooo much easier to just leave the box blade on the 3240 and mow with the XT3. 300ft of gravel driveway to grade as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And then look what he did to that poor 3000 :)!

I did order a new 12x20' shed for the Spring after my wife complained about the state of our garage, so now have a little room for a "project" tractor.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts