My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas, brand new to the forums and looking for any and all advise on this model. I plan to get this bad boy and truly use it as a Garden Tractor on 4 acres of land that is in need of some work. Land needs stripping, dragged, **** everything, it's sandy as **** and I plan to have it better used.
Any suggestions you guys have on accessories to help would be appreciated.
Only thing I know for sure is I will be ordering and installing the Johnny Products universal electric sleeve hitch to use accessories to their full potential.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I have a GSE XT3--22.5hp and no diff lock. I have used it for GT work blading my driveway and as a forklift with the winch lifted sleeve hitch I built.

It is mostly used as a mower now due to me buying a CC 3240 so I didn't beat up the XT3. I have to have a mower to keep 2-3 acres mowed.
0819181204.jpg
20190827_115644.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,730 Posts
Hello fellas, brand new to the forums and looking for any and all advise on this model. I plan to get this bad boy and truly use it as a Garden Tractor on 4 acres of land that is in need of some work. Land needs stripping, dragged, ** everything, it's sandy as ** and I plan to have it better used.
Any suggestions you guys have on accessories to help would be appreciated.
Only thing I know for sure is I will be ordering and installing the Johnny Products universal electric sleeve hitch to use accessories to their full potential.
I would get the OEM sleeve Hitch( shown Below) as it's a Better fit on the Tractor with The Johnny Products electric lift Kit Electric sleeve hitch upgrade I also Have the Johnny Products electric Lift sleeve Hitch which I use On a JD GX335. I find It just doesn't Mount as well to the XT3 series As the OEM sleeve Hitch. I suggest Looking at Brinly & Hardy for sleeve Hitch Implements Ground Engaging Archives | Brinly-Hardy Lawn and Garden Attachments especially the Box Scrape as it Is Made Better than Agri-Fabs Box scrape. Had a Agri-Fab Box scrape Back In 2002 Only Lasted 3 Months Bought a Brinly Box scrape and it's In Great condition 18 years Later. The Only Sleeve Hitch Implement from Agri-Fab that I would recommend is the Rock Rake. If Thinking of Tilling I would recommend the Bercomac 30inch Tiller Bercomac I also suggest Investing In the OEM Weight Bracket Front-Rear Weight Bracket - 190-307-100 | Cub Cadet US works On the front or Rear and In vest In 4 suitcase weights & or wheel weights (y)
20180713_145343.jpg
20180714_230419.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx a ton for the advice and information Sergeant. Will make sure to update in the coming weeks and months as things progress

·
That Guy
1,119 Posts
Where are you located?

I absolutely love my XT3 GSX,it's an excellent garden tractor. It's comfortable to operate, is a fantastic mower, and is capable of doing some pretty impressive work. Also, you'll never go back to manual steering lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be owning a 5 acre property in La Vernia, Tx. come mid April so that's when I will be buying the XT3 GSX

·
That Guy
1,119 Posts
Texas, ugh, well I can't really help you there lol. I'm trying to sell my 44 hour XT3 GSX and I'm trying to move it at about half what I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Anyone have a good suggestion or have added a hydraulic front end loader to their XT3?
The XT3 has no provisions for auxiliary hydraulic attachments. You would have to add a hydraulic pump to it or use electric linear actuators. I bought A 3000 series so I could take advantage of the auxiliary hydraulic circuit to add a hydraulic bucket.

·
Super Moderator
15,730 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts