My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
So the saga continues. I decided on a XT2 GX54 D (turns out it will fit in my shed) and called CC to order. They're out of stock with no more production this year. Apparently CC is changing to a Kawasaki engine for 2021 with production to begin in late fall for 2021. So I'm checking around with local dealers to see if there are any around.
Arthur, I would personally wait on the Kawa engine unless They were willing to knock the price of the current stock down--bargaining chip.

Reactions: dart53

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
So the saga continues. I decided on a XT2 GX54 D (turns out it will fit in my shed) and called CC to order. They're out of stock with no more production this year. Apparently CC is changing to a Kawasaki engine for 2021 with production to begin in late fall for 2021. So I'm checking around with local dealers to see if there are any around.
Contact this Deere, Cub Cadet & Kubota dealer Home they ship around the United States Using Mayflower Movers as they a High Volume dealer They Might be able to get You One (y)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Arthur, I would personally wait on the Kawa engine unless They were willing to knock the price of the current stock down--bargaining chip.
I don't understand why Kawasaki engines automatically get a pass on any criticism by tractor owners. Maybe they only remember the old FC line of engines. Those were bullet proof.

The FR series, which Cub has used in the past and will likely use in the future because MTD is King of Cheap, are not high quality engines. I have worked on several and they have had valve issues for a long time. The FS and FX differ only in filtration, that's it. They are 1000 hour engines for the most part. Personally, I'd rather have a Briggs Professional or Commercial Series engine (both of which will run past 1000 hrs.) which is a Vanguard. Haven't touched a Kohler in a while. The Courage was terrible, but the 7000 has been OK.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts