My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at my wifes cousins B-day party saturday night and in a drunken haze i spied this cadet in about 2 feet of weeds in the nieghbours yard so after some discussion we agreed on a price and i picked it up yesty it was pretty scary lookin and its kinda beat up lookin my first thought is this thing is nothin more than junk...so i put it up on blocks pulled the fuel bowl off cleaned the rust out of it the air filter is totally rotted and theres no muffler no fuel line the battery lines were cut so i pulled the spark plug wire brushed it cleaned it at both ends tighted up the end connection put my big ridged drill on it and the SOB had spark so i took my squirt bottle of gas put a few squirts of gas into the carb put the drill to it and she barked to life if only for a second so i put some more in there and she fired again.......i paid 20 bucks for it did i do ok?.......?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep gonna start lookin for parts if it actually runs well

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
considering the condition of the tractor im surprised it looks like it does....lol

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
$20... I've wasted more on Nicholas Sparks movies my wife has dragged me to...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess I need to know ... from the outside the hood looks ok but when u open it up u clearly see the repair to the fiberglass ... should I find another or just leave it? I'll get a pic later to help others judge

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I think you did very well for 20 bucks! As for the hood, are you going to restore it or use it? I wouldn't get a hood for a worker if it looks good outside now. Looks good from my house. :fing32:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going do a restoration how far im going to go im not sure it doesnt have a mower or any pieces i can use so itll be more of a toy...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well i had it actually running its loud as **** is the exhuast supposed to thread in or is it something that bolts on..mine has both ...thread inside the exhaust port aswell as threaded holes outside that you would bolt a flange too.. also it is missing the drive belt which means i ont know how it is supposed to work when i get a new belt for it the wiring is a joke there is whire that are cut and joined twice...whats wrong with people also i dont know how or will work but there seem sto be no neutral lever other than the one on the drive lever on the dash but the rear wheels are not free they will spin if i spin one of them but i can turn them both the same direction hope this makes sense to someone...any hekp or insight would be appreciated

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Not a bad deal for $20.00 it should clean up nice, hope it runs, if not get a Honda clone motor that a vertical shaft motor. That seat is nice looks like it belongs there. The pepper pot screw in mufflers are cheaper the the bolt on and if you need to get away from the frame its easier to do with just a threaded nipple and coupling.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got prices on the belts but I'm not entirely sure I have all the parts for the drive system I maybe missing a pulley but haven't had time to check it out yet......too many hours at work

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks lonnyb thats a fantastic view should make life a little easier

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok guys well im really not sure about this thing anymore the starter works but it dosent spin fast enough to engage the engine and if it did i dont think it will be able to start it so starter rebuild the carb is leaking but probably best to rebuild the carb the engine runs but is shakes so violently its scary and i think thats what makes it stall out , the fuel shut off valve leaks aswell the hood for the most part i think is junk i realize its old and thats what u have to deal with but lets remember it cost me 20 bucks... sooo thoughts... suggestions.. questions...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got one of these a while back for free, but the hood is totally gone, and the steering wheel is broke. I'd be interested in your hood if you lived close to me. where are you located? I'm in central MN.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts