My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New to the forum today and wonder if anyone can offer some expert opinion on the 3204. I'm going to pick up a 2002 today and it has 500 some hours on it. Been told no major repairs or parts that have needed replacement.

I'm going to put it through the ringer as best I can, but wonder if anyone can help me pinpoint issues to look for?

Think I'm getting a great deal from an honest (seems) person. Includes the 54" deck, 2 stage snow blower, chains, etc.

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I am 2nd owner of a 2003......pedal bushings for forward and reverse pedals, check and replace...........Clean under engine shrouding regularly.......and just regular good maint........my has been good to me......many hrs on it also

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The 3204 is a fine machine. With just 500 hours on it it's just barely broken in. Give everything a good functional check...even cut some grass with it at the sellers house.

When you get it home, tear it down to the frame, clean and reassemble. You'll know the machine quite well at that point and should be able to discover anything that needs attention.

Oh...welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep looking as I passed on this machine. Too much smoke from the exhaust. Seems like oil issue. Didn't want the project.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Was it still smoking after the engine was warm? Did it have a fuel smell?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts