My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentlemen, this thread is in response to my offer to mowergene and jsoluna for photos of the inside of a Linamar ZX390 14hp single cylinder engine. Well, rather than post a few photos here, I am just going to post the link to the CC2146 album on my photobucket account. That way, you guys can enjoy all 944 photos at your leisure.

Here is a little background on the rehabilitation I did of this tractor:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=179177

Here is a link to the album on my photobucket account:

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee473/skpyle/Cub%20Cadet%202146/

A piece of advice, click the 'View All' link at the top left corner of the page. That way, all 944 photos will be on one page, and you don't spend forever having to go from page to page through 60 pages.

Enjoy!

Seth K. Pyle

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, the photos are in no way, shape, or form in chronological order. This is due to the fact that some photos are from my digital camera, some are from my old phone, and some are from my iPhone.

The photo of the tractor with no side panels in the back of my blue S-10 is the begining of the saga.

Seth K. Pyle

·
Deceased as of 06 February 2021
2,076 Posts
Dang this dial-up connection...........I may be here all night!!!

·
2,076 Posts
Wow. What a load of pix! Aren't you glad this is the digital age? What do you 'spose that would cost today in 35MM film?

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mowergene, I am VERY glad that is not on 35mm film...I'd still be paying processing fees.

This is why I have over 15,000 photos on my hard drive. I take photos of everything I do as a gearhead. Mainly for posterity, but also so I can put the darned thing back together again...! :D

I particularly like how well built the Linamar engine is. The crank journal and big end of the rod are huge! The crank is supported by ball bearings at both ends, and the cam & balance shafts are supported by ball bearings on one end and plain bearings on the other. The valves, springs, and retainers almost look automotive, and the rocker arms are quite nice. All in all, a stout engine.

I hurt my heart to have to give that one back to the customer...

Seth K. Pyle

·
2,076 Posts
"I particularly like how well built the Linamar engine is."

A few years ago, I called the Linamar plant in Canada inquiring about this engine. I was told that it was a Kobota design. The engineer also noted that they had a 2146 they used for snow removal at the plant and he expected it to last for many, many years!

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Thanks for the links, Pylek. Really enjoyed em :) Long live the Linamar!

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are quite welcome!

If I ever have the opportunity, I would totally buy a CC with a Linamar engine on it...

Seth K. Pyle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts