My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all of the problems starting this as everyone else and am doing the recommended fixes of making sure starter gets full voltage. My problem;
How do I wire in a manual glow plug button/switch and by pass the existing glow plug timer and glow plug relay? I also would like to wire in a starter button.

·
Registered
452 Posts
For a manual glow plug you just need a momentary push button and a continuous duty rely. Probably should at least 12 ga wire for the glow plugs from the relay.

Use the same for the starter only you don't need a relay, just find the key start wire on the starter solenoid and run it to the starter button and then to the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have all of the problems starting this as everyone else and am doing the recommended fixes of making sure starter gets full voltage. My problem;
How do I wire in a manual glow plug button/switch and by pass the existing glow plug timer and glow plug relay? I also would like to wire in a starter button.
mmcwill1156, Did you ever get the problem fixed? Like bypassing the factory glow plug starting system to a manual setup. If, let me know how to did all this, as I need to do the same on my 2005 #6284.

Thanks,

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts