My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My 6 year old female Ragdoll cat Rose has developed a lump of some sort right under her chin. It has come about in the last couple of weeks. It seems to be under her skin and touching it doesn't seem to hurt. Hair is growing over the lump normally. A year ago she had a patch of irritated skin removed from her lip, it turned out to be an inflamation called Cheilitis. I'm wondering what this could be? If it doesn't seem to improve in a week or so I'll take her to the vet.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. I have read that an abcessed tooth willl cause a cat's jaw to swell up. We shall see.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Friday the vet looked at her and said he thinks she had an allergic reaction to something she put in her mouth. He gave me a week's worth of anti-inflammatory meds for her. The swelling has already gone down considerably, hopefully thats all it is. I love my Rosie so much and want her to have many more happy, healthy years with me!!

·
10,839 Posts
Well, that sounds like a 'best-case' scenario. I hope that does the trick for her.

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
i hope that she gets better

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
A bit late here but might she have been stung by a bee? My first cat "The Kapusta Kid" learned about bees from biting a big black and yellow fuzzy one. Owww!

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot guys, your support means so much to me. As far as an insect bite/sting goes, I think it is at least a modest possibility. Rose is strictly an indoor cat but I live in an old farmhouse and bugs of all sort have no problem getting in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts